We rented two rooms with a Lake George view for our son, daughter and their families, and one room up near the road for us. Bob, the proprietor, couldn't have been more helpful and friendly, even though we changed our reservation needs a few times.
Be warned - you won't be staying in a Holiday Inn or a fancy hotel - this is a typical Lake George motel (we've stayed in quite a few over the years). You can hear people in the rooms connected to you; the decor is typical Lake George wood-panelling on the walls; small bath, etc. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the rooms, but no silverware or dishes. Storage space in our cabin was a rack on the wall near the fridge and a bureau. There was a table and two chairs in each cabin, too.
One special note - this place was CLEAN! The bathroom and beds were fresh; no mold or moldy smells either. The room that I was in was in the bank of rooms where people could keep pets and, had I not seen people with dogs in the adjoining rooms, I would have never known because my room didn't have any odor or evidence that this was a pet-friendly place at all.
The beach area was cleaned every night. Kayaks were available for guests, too. There was a sufficient number of chairs and lounges for all the guests, and each room had a table and chairs outside on the deck that went down to the beach. The Lake view rooms also had a picnic table and barbeque (for each). There was a fire pit down on the beach and we had a wonderful night watching the shooting stars and the moon come up over the mountain across the lake. There is also a docking area down by the beach and the beach is roped off for swimming. We had 3 children under 5 with us and they were down at the beach area all day ... the water was wonderful and not deep at all where they were swimming. Water levels are marked on the dock. This motel doesn't have a pool.
There were two play areas with swing sets for the children and also a ping-pong table. Bob had discount tickets available for some of the local attractions. Ice is available in the office; sodas are available for sale, too.
What was really nice was the fact that the motel has a beach and we were able to get reservations over a long weekend; many places on the lake would only rent for a week. Because the place is on the lake, make reservations early.
We had a great time at Golden Sands and it will be our go-to place for our next Lake George vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Golden Sands Resort on Lake George is a "Family Atmosphere" lakeside resort motel offering comfortable 1 and 2 room accommodations on our private wide natural sand beach and shallow swimming area. We're located at the widest part of Lake George with spectacular 15 mile views, lakeside rooms, Free kayaks, Free Wi-Fi, private beach, dock, fridges, microwaves, playgrounds, ping-pong, b-ball, BBQ and picnic areas, lakeside fire pit, we're on Lake George trolley line, close to Lake George Village, and close to all restaurants and attractions! We're fun for the entire family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda and HRS so you can book your Golden Sands Resort on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George Hotel Diamond Point
- Golden Sands Resort On Lake George NY - Diamond Point