We stayed at the Thunderbird last June for Americade. It is difficult to find availability that week, and we finally found one that had rooms, for a resonable price.
We were very dissapointed in the service. The owner could not even find our reservation, but finally gave us an avialable room. It was OK.
However.... housekeeping was terrible. We could not get clean towels. I went to get them myself twice.
The toilet clogged on our very last day, so we just left it that way, and went home.
other than that, the 2-level "townhouse" with upstairs bedroom was OK. Tiny living room, but it was adequate.
Unfortunately, other friends booked it again this year for the same Americade week. I am afraid to go back, afraid of the service, and the housekeeping.
IF they cleaned up the rooms a bit, hired responsible people, and gave us TOWELS and cleaned daily, it would not be a terrible place. That is the bare minimum a motel should do.
And they cannot lose reservations!!!!!! That is the bare basics.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakefront family friendly Resort, onsite marina, onsite spa services, onsite cafe. Groups, reunions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your The Villas On Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resort And Marina
- Thunderbird Resort & Marina Hotel Diamond Point
- The Villas On Lake George NY - Diamond Point