First off, we have been to Lake George MANY times. Even as a kid my family vacationed at Lake George. With our family we have stayed many places. Some very good, some not so much. This is definitely one of the better places to stay on the lake. Room was very clean (and cleaned daily by the maid service), short walk to the lake & pool, docks to fish from, a small cove to snorkel and a small beach for the kids to play. Keep in mind if you are used to an upscale "resort" at other popular tourist destinations (Disney) this will be below your expectation. Lake George hotels are generally motels, built in the 50's - 60's and have that nostalgic Adirondack charm, but not that luxury and glamour. The owner was very attentive to all his guests needs (even arranged to have goose droppings picked up from the beach after a "foul" invasion). Improvements might include a hammock, a fire pit for all guests and newer TVs. Overall we would stay here again, fair price for the location. Not our favorite place in Lake George, but definitely top 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakefront family friendly Resort, onsite marina, onsite spa services, onsite cafe. Groups, reunions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Villas On Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resort And Marina
- Thunderbird Resort & Marina Hotel Diamond Point
- The Villas On Lake George NY - Diamond Point