“Lovely Resort”

The Villas On Lake George
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My cousin and I spent the past weekend here. I have to admit it was one of the few places that had a vacancy for this weekend. The reviews posted had me a little concerned, but then again I have been to several Lake George motels and some are pretty nasty.I called the resort and Lenny promptly got back to me to let me know what was available. Well what a surprise! Spotless rooms, a beautifully landscaped property, clean pool, lovely beach area. a marina right next door, and very helpful and friendly owners! I would recommend this place in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori C

Reviewed August 3, 2013

As I read the reviews below, I find it hard to believe. My vacation experience at the Thunderbird was nothing short of perfect! I spent many summers at Lake George as a child and now live in Orange County, CA. My family still lives back east and we met in Lake George for our children to spend time together. From the moment I spoke with Lenny when making my reservation, I knew everything was going to be great... and I was not at all disappointed. In fact the Resort, the rooms, and the amenities exceeded my expectations and were far nicer than what you see in the pictures. My sister who stayed at another resort close by, wished she had stayed at the Thunderbird with us. I will definitely be staying there again on our next vacation and highly recommend this resort for families with children. The suites are accommodating and make you feel very at home. Thanks Lenny and staff for a wonderful trip!

Room Tip: My sister stayed in one of the suites with her 4 children that range in age from 7 to 17. The kitche...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We booked two rooms at the resort to spend just one night after our plane landed in Albany, on our way up to Inlet, NY. We arrived around 4PM and the office was locked. A fellow guest sitting on the porch, told us that the owner was out "getting boats in, due to some expected inclimate weather. Okay...we understood that. The owner appeared within 10 minutes and we got checked in. We spent the rest of the evening in Lake George enjoying the car show.

Our night was less than restful. We could year everything going on in either room beside us. On the one side, the guests came in late and clomped around their room for a while. The next morning when another guest left on their motorcycle....I am sure the "revving up" woke up anyone within earshot.

When we checked in, we noticed a coffee urn and condiments in the office, so thought the next morning, we could walk up to the office and get some, since there was none in the rooms. Wrong....the office was locked. In fact, it was still locked when we checked out around 9:30. We called the number that was posted on the office door, but no one answered and it rolled over to voice mail. We left a message and told them we would leave the keys in the room.

Not a good way to run a business. I

Room Tip: There are no good rooms...if they all have the lack of sound proofing we experienced.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Sunday, 4 of us rented a 18 foot power boat for 3 hours. There were so many problems with the boat it should have never be rented!!! Both seats were broken, Handles broken, trim gauge broken. The bilge pump worked thankfully or we would have sunk. With two certified boaters driving we made it back safely to shore. It would have been a different story without their expertise. What bothered us the most was the attitude of the owners not recognizing how dangerous the situation was. The boat should not be rented until everything is fixed including a new anchor that is big enough to hold a boat that size. I wonder where else they are skimping on money and service. It ruined a great day.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cheryl B
Reviewed August 17, 2012

My family and I stayed there for a week. The only thing that was nice about this place was the lake. The rooms were horrible and smelled very bad. The bathtub was surrounded by mold. Thank god i took a bathtub for my little one. In the webs cite says that the pool is heated, but it was freezing. We had approached the owner about it, and he had the same excuse that the kids must have touched it . The house keeping was offal. They were always out of towels and and we had ask if we could get new pillow case we were not given. But worst of all, very outdated furniture, broken futon squeaky bead and webs in every corner of the room. Will not recommend for people who have children. My little one got very sick from the smell of mold that's in the rooms. Wen I told them that the room smells, they told me that it was the chemical that they use to disinfect the carpets.

Room Tip: Look for something els !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lil M
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Our family has been staying there frequently for almost 10 years. We have introduced many family members and friends to Thunderbird, and they love it as well. We just left yesterday, and already are planning to stay at the newly renovated Lakehouse Villa next year. We took a tour, and were extremely impressed with the spaciousness, the cleanliness, and the workmanship. The overall layout is perfect for multiple families, and the view is spectacular. We have already the house filled up for next year. In the past we stayed in the hotel, and the townhouses. If anything was missing from the kitchen, all we had to do was ask, and it was replaced promptly. The townhouses were also renovated, and the bedding could rival a luxurious hotel. I would highly recommend this resort. Thank you Thunderbird for once again providing a wonderful family vacation!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jeanne B
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I have been coming to the Thunderbird Resort with my family since I was 2 years old; 32 years later and I could not imagine staying anywhere else!! Today, I continue this tradition with my husband and he has fallen in love with this resort as well Lake George.

The Rooms are inviting, clean and comfortable, the grounds are amazing and the sandy beach is as perfect as the views of the lake and the mountains are picturesque.

The Owners and their staff are the friendliest and most accommodating in the industry. They have always treated me like family and that’s why this Resort feels like home.

The Owners’ recent updates to their main villa turned out beautiful and I am excited to see what changes the next year will bring to the resort. I was at the resort while the Villa was being completed and even as there were a few hiccups with contractors leading to some time delays (as per usual when it comes to contractors) the community actually came together and stepped up to help put the finishing touches to the renovation so the Owners could meet their deadline and the guests would have the villa for when they arrived for the start of their vacation. I was truly touched to see such a display of kindness. To me, that was further testament to the character and validity of the Owners of the Thunderbird, because in this day and age it is rare to see a community come together to help a fellow neighbor.

It is unfortunate that these time delays affected the first guests of the Villa. The guests showed up while these finishing touches were being completed and moreover and they weren’t there to witness the community pitch to make sure these guests would have the villa and the amazing vacation they were expecting. The Owners tried to diffuse the situation and accommodate their guests by offering free boat rentals for the entire day even though they would only need three hours to finish up… to offering them different units for the night. The Owners at this resort prove time and again that they will do everything they can to make your stay a great one and make their guests happy.

Good people, great place and exceptional memories.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
#3 of 9 in Diamond Point
The Juliana
The Juliana
#4 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to The Villas On Lake George? Share your experiences!