My family and I just returned from a long weekend stay. I will say that after reading all the negative (and old) reviews - I was skeptical, but this place offered accomodations and the rental of water sports equipment which is what we were mainly looking for. When we arrived - we did a drive through. The place looked aged but so did alot of the other motels in this area (winter is not kind to anyone here). We checked in and we were greeted by the new owners. They bought the place about a year ago. They were very friendly and made us feel welcome right away. I'll be honest, I was still waiting to see the inside of the room (still having those bad reviews running through my head). We stayed in a double bed room in the motel side of the resort. They also offer larger suites and family size apartment style accomodations. When we entered - yes, it was dated but it was very clean. The bathroom was sparkling even though aged. We did have a wiggly toilet seat and did tell the front desk. It was fixed within an hour. The beach area is beautiful and the rental of water equipment is done right there. The equipment was very up to date and well maintained. The water tubing items hung nicely in the boat house and the kiyaks were lined up ready to rent. Because we went there wanting to rent jet-ski's - we did and enjoyed every minute. It cost $75.00 for a half our but my daughter and I went out together for that one price. It was well worth it. Top of the line equipment, a guide takes you out and stays with you in the water, so we were very comfortable being novices. We would definately go back here to stay - it's clean, it's a great price compared to other places we looked at, and the staff was wonderful. The only thing I can say bad about it is they did not supply shampoo or a cup to use after brushing your teeth. we had to run out that night to get it from a local store. If you can supply soap - you should at least give a plastic cup in the bathroom. There is no breakfast available but they gave us a couple of excellent recommendations. This place is a diamond in the rough - it's not the Hilton but if you're looking for a clean place to lay your head and have a good time in LG - I would definately recommend this place. We'll go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lakefront family friendly Resort, onsite marina, onsite spa services, onsite cafe. Groups, reunions ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your The Villas On Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thunderbird Resort And Marina
- Thunderbird Resort & Marina Hotel Diamond Point
- The Villas On Lake George NY - Diamond Point