“Not the worst--definately not the best!”

Treasure Cove Resort
Treasure Cove Resort
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Not the worst--definately not the best!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2006

We have been coming to Lake George for years but never stayed at Treasure Cove. I just picked it our after looking a many places online, it looked quaint and like a nice clean place. It wasn't the worst place I have ever stayed, but there are things that need fixing. We barely had any hot water the first two days (we stayed a total of three days) By the third day it was hot....very weird. The grounds are ok, I guess if you have kids they would enjoy. There is a game area with about 5 video games, there is a big dock at the bottom near the lake. We didn't use the pools or go in the water (it was raining during our stay) The other problem was the noise at night. After 11 or so (two of the 3 nights) we heard kids yelling and what sounded like banging and slamming doors. Its not a four or three star resort but Treasure cove serves it purpose. Another note, bring a calling card if you want to make long distance calls...we couldn't get cell reception there and wanted to make calls, but you can't just make long distance calls, you need a calling card and they don't have any for sale at the front desk.
Local calls are free...

• Liked — on the lake, in between Bolton Landing and Lake George Village
  • Disliked — rooms are old, bathrooms are tiny (at least in the motel rooms)
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank sunny0

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2006

This was not our first visit to the Lake George area, but our first time staying at Treasure Cove. It is definitely a place for families (people with children), 2 pools, a great play area complete with volleyball net, basketball net, covered pavillion with video games, ping pong, shuffleboard, swings, slide, jungle gym. The lake area is perfect for small children but not so great for adults. The roped area is only 2 feet deep. Beyond the ropes is mucky and there is quite alot of boat traffic in and out. (beyond the ropes are where most of the boats are docked and next door is a marina.) Also beach area is rather small and kind of dirty. The worst part of all was the cleanliness of the cottage. I have an 8 month old whom I could not even let crawl around because the carpets were so filthy. Half of the windows could barely open and looked like they hadnt been cleaned in ages. There was a futon in the living room/kitchen area which looked like someone had thrown up on and it was never cleaned. Pots/pans/cutlery were all dirty and needed to be washed before use. Now here is the worst part...my husband had some boat trouble and therefore we were forced to stay an hour beyond check out time. I witnessed these young gals going in to clean the cottages. The only thing they brought in was bed sheets & a vacuum. Now my oldest child had used a couple of the blankets provided in the cottage and being only 3 yrs old, had a couple accidents during the night in which left the blankets soiled. I left them on the floor of the cottage with the dirty towels. The only thing that came out of the cottage was the bed sheets. The blankets were folded and put back on the shelf in the closet! I was mortified. I dont believe the toliet and/or tub were even cleaned! Which I forgot to mention there was soap scum on the sink when we arrived too. Its too bad about the cleanliiness of the cottage because I most likely would return there....what I liked was it was all families with children and not alot of young kids partying at all hours of the night. It was basically quiet most of the day & night. I heard that the old owners (who apparently owned it for years upon years) recently sold out. Perhaps that is why things are the way they are now???

Stayed July 2006
8 Thank squishy7203
Monroe, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2006

Just returned from a stay here for the 3rd time in 2 years. The new owners (past two years) are extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms are newly renovated and very clean. The pool is very clean, the volleyball area and game room is terrific for kids. and I love sitting down by the docks after sunset. My family loves this place and will stay here every year that we come to this area!

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank donna712
Massapequa Park, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2005

Last August was our family's first trip to Treasure Cove and we had a great time! My husband and I have three children, ages 7, 5 and 2. We had rented a lakeside cottage. I was nervous last year because I had not been to the region since I was 15 and had never stayed on Lake George, but friend's raves of the area prompted me to find a clean, safe environment for the family. After a long internet search of the area, I decided on Treasure Cove, and was lucky enough to get a cottage. Here's a lttle info, I hope it helps!
The Cottage: Very clean, with central vacuumning. kitchen was stocked with plenty of pots and pans, cutlery, plates, glasses. The air conditioning did a good job of cooling the cottage down, we are bringing a small tabletop fan this year to move the air around a little more. Our unit has a fireplace, not that we need it in August. Water pressure was very good. Our BBQ was cleaned out each morning by staff. Breathtaking view of Lake George.
The facilities: The beach is clean with plenty of lounge chairs. The swimming area is roped off and quite shallow, my 7 year old can touch the sandy, not slimy bottom all the way out to the ropes ( perfect for young children). I have seen other places in Lake George that have a swim-out dock lakeside, Tresure Cove does not have this - they have docking space for boats out past the roped off swimming area. This turned out to be a great spot to fish with the kids.The sun deck is very nice and gives quite a view of the lake. I didn't get to spend much time up there last year because my daughter was only 16 months old last year). I believe the playground was new last year and not what you see in internet pictures. Our boys loved playing there. There was also a game room with ping pong. The pools were OK, the unheated one was a little chilly but centrally located on the property. The heated pool was all the way up by the road, shady, and by the last week in August had a few leaves in it. The kids didn't mind. There is a marina on the next property, makes it convenient to rent a boat or buy more worms for fishing.
The owners/staff: I found them to be very friendly and helpful, not that I was in need of much help. I had called to find out what supplies I would need to bring with me and they answered all my questions. Our cottage was ready 1 hour before check in Saturday. The office was stocked with brochures from the area.

We found that many families did their own thing during the day, and that the afternoon usually found everyone lakeside. We are going back in two weeks and we can't wait!

Stayed August 2004
22 Thank mommyshop
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2005

I've found here excellent conditions both for relaxation and fun - it's quiet and peaceful, but its just few miles away from the village and all the bars and restaurants. If you like lakes and have a boat (or two like i do ;) ) you may have in mind this place when you plan your next vacation.

• Stayed June 2005
12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2004

nice place,but not much for kids to do . play set is old broken and dangerous. check in is never on time . beach chairs are old and broken .beach is sometimes dirty.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Sagamore Resort
The Sagamore Resort
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,510 reviews

Been to Treasure Cove Resort? Share your experiences!