Capri Village on Lake George
Cramers Point Motel & Cottages(Lake George)(Great Value!)
$89
$124
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
Sun Castle Resort(Lake George)
All reviewsthe past yearssteep hillmany yearsrooms are cleanofficevacationlake
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Just returned from a most enjoyable trip to Capri!! Yes, the rooms could use a little updating, but if the room was that important, I would have booked the Sagamore. The resort is clean, super family friendly(my son begged my wife and I to stay another day, rather then go to a b-day party at home). The location is great, right between town and Bolton Landing, the beach, boat house, and decks out front of the units on the North side make great areas to grill and relax. Our group of friends call Capri, "Blacktop Paradise". Go with a group of friends and enjoy. Remember its about the LAKE and the Mountains, not the towels and the bed spreads.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scott S
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I joined friends at the "place" they chose to stay at Lake George. These friends had been before. They go every year with a family group. They LOVE/LOVE the place as they "know" what to expect and come prepared. I would call the accommodations one step up from a cabin rental. There was a bathroom. There was electricity. There was a stove/oven (it was too hot to try to cook indoors so I cannot verify the working order). There was air conditioning, but in the room we were in (close to the pool) the ac was "hit & miss". Our friends use the room as a place to sleep. The bathroom in the unit we stayed was inside the smaller bedroom of the 2 bedroom unit 121. The 2nd larger bedroom had two beds and a dresser. The smaller bedroom had no room for a dresser (one night stand and lamp) and the double bed up against the wall to allow an aisle walking space to the one and only bathroom. The door to the smaller bedrooms did not close completely . I'm not sure if the door wasn't installed correctly or was warped from the humidity or what, BUT it didn't close. So this bedroom was exposed to the common room (sofa, kitchenette, eating room) Safe to say, there was no privacy if you slept in this room as it was the only access to the bathroom. However, we learned leaving the door OPEN was best as if you attempted to closed the door to this bedroom it cuts off the access to the bathroom BUT ALSO one of the few AC vents that seemed to be working :( We were there for a long weekend. The place was sold out. We arrived in the late afternoon. No where else to go, so we stayed and made the best of it! They provide paper towel thin bath towels that can only be changed/exchanged twice a week. The typed note taped to the side fridge called out that "you must wash the dishes, empty the trash, and leave the floors broom swept at check out or be charged $50". The funny thing was there were food stains on the cupboards at the sink counter and on the door of the fridge from the last guest. The fridge and freezer worked. We used them to store ice, lunch meat, milk, water and other beverages and housed the meat we used to BBQ for our dinners. There is a BBQ for each room, as well as an out door picnic table. That's a good thing in the summer. But our friends knew it was "best" to bring their own grill and also a covering/canopy for the picnic table. If it rains, you are OUT OF LUCK with nothing to do as the rooms are not comfortable to socialize or hang out. Our unit had an wall mounted 19" TV above the cafeteria table and chairs for 6 (three on each side of the rectangle table). Think church banquet dinner. The Couch in Living room had dresser drawer for a night stand (This dresser was much needed for those that slept in the bedroom without any other furniture). There was very little OTHER space in the unit. The drapes were old;soiled, but lined to block the sun. An important feature in the summer time to keep the unit somewhat cool. The price value split among several adults who shared our room was a little more than MOTEL 6. But Motel 6 gives daily maid service and fresh towels and most have water pressure and fully functioning AC . If you bring your own STUFF (as our friends do) as if you were going camping in an RV and use the unit to sleep and have an in door bathroom; it works. However, it's ONLY doable for more than a few nights as long as you are not a light sleeper and don't mind sharing a bathroom that has little to no water pressure. The lakefront view and access is very good. There were chairs and picnic tables sufficient for the FULL guest load over the weekend. The owners were cheerful and staff was responsive to the many calls we made for necessary amenities and remedies during our stay, plunger, low water pressure, a/c not working. I will look for an alternative location the next go around. Perhaps spend a few more dollars and get a good nights rest :)

Room Tip: Ask for a unit closer to the lake. Visting with other people who stayed there before, they advised that the units closer to the lake have wall ad units and some with a bathroom that you don't access via the bedroom. Not sure if this is true, just what other patrons I met shared.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CCChilton
Reviewed February 4, 2013

My family took me to this location for many years as a young boy, and due to the incredible memories my wife and I decided to take our three girls there for the first time Columbus Day weekend...was a great trip, staff was incredibly hospitable and attentive...the bbq pits and grills were a great addition, and my 8 year old made a friend she is now pen pals with...we are all booked for our return Columbus Day 2013...we are even coming up President's Day, but the Capri is closed so had to go elsewhere.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank mike o
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

We went back for a Columbus Day Vacation. I cant get over how great this place is. Everything, the views, the sounds and the staff were all excellent. With respect to all the other places, no one stacks up to Capri Village, we will be back mid July, 263 days away

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We found going to Lake George and staying at Capri Village was very enjoyable. They have a very nice outside pool. We stayed there in july for two nights. It was so relaxing The owners are very friendly.I found the service great. So please check it out and stay there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room upabove near the pools.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family