We spent appoximately $1,700 on a "suite" overlooking the lake--the suite was filthy and the carpet was covered in stains. We were located in the entrance of the property directly on busy Route 9. The noise of the traffic was horrendous. You could not carry on a conversation in the rooms or on the deck because of the constant flow of traffic and dump trucks going by--night and day. We were also lucky enough to be located where their main garbage area is--and in between the cars and traffic--had to endure very loud golf carts whizzing by full of garbage. I complained to the owners--and basically I was told--oh well--you should have known it was going to be loud--and I don't give refunds--oh well if you are not happy--I don't want to be out of the $1,700. After I complained--she just left the office area for 20 minutes--without any closure or anything. I waited for her to return---and basically she told me that she couldn't help me because she didn't want to be out of the $$$.
Additionally, there are not enough chairs for the guests along the lake--it's monopolized by repeat families--you have to go get a towel down on the beach chairs around 6am in order to get a chair--luckily because we were awakened by all the traffic at 5:30am--I was able to get down there to secure a couple of chairs--so that we weren't stuck at the pool--which is located on directly by the highway--it's always empty and very noisy because of all of the traffic.
We will never again stay at this place--and would not recommend to anyone going up to Lake George. There are plenty of other places in the area--stay away from this place. If there is a problem--you can be gauranteed that it will not get addressed and you will not be refunded, credited, etc . We ended up leaving early in order to get home and to get some sleep. The owners could care less about our experience--and never followed up with us after our initial complaint.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capri Village Resort offers one of the largest private lakefronts on Lake George to fully enjoy a truly Adirondack vacation experience. Boasting over 400 feet of park-like lakefront, families can enjoy the crystal clear waters of Lake George, by swimming off our large sandy beach, paddling its waters in our complimentary kayaks, paddleboat and rowboat, or fishing or boating from our private docks. Or enjoy the breathtaking vistas while relaxing on our lakeside deck. Situated on approximately six acres of lakeside property, Capri Village is the perfect setting for fun filled family vacations with its seasonal large heated pool, playgrounds, lawn games including volleyball and horseshoes, and picnic areas with barbecue grills. Capri Village has various types of accommodations to cater to any size family: single king bed motels, one and two room motels with two beds, one and two room efficiency units, and one and two bedroom housekeeping units. Capri Village is conveniently located on the trolley route midway between Lake George Village and the Village of Bolto ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Capri Village on Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capri Village On Lake George Hotel Diamond Point
- Capri Village On Lake George NY - Diamond Point