“Terrible--spend your hard earned money somewhere else”

Capri Village on Lake George
Yardville, New Jersey
“Terrible--spend your hard earned money somewhere else”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We spent appoximately $1,700 on a "suite" overlooking the lake--the suite was filthy and the carpet was covered in stains. We were located in the entrance of the property directly on busy Route 9. The noise of the traffic was horrendous. You could not carry on a conversation in the rooms or on the deck because of the constant flow of traffic and dump trucks going by--night and day. We were also lucky enough to be located where their main garbage area is--and in between the cars and traffic--had to endure very loud golf carts whizzing by full of garbage. I complained to the owners--and basically I was told--oh well--you should have known it was going to be loud--and I don't give refunds--oh well if you are not happy--I don't want to be out of the $1,700. After I complained--she just left the office area for 20 minutes--without any closure or anything. I waited for her to return---and basically she told me that she couldn't help me because she didn't want to be out of the $$$.

Additionally, there are not enough chairs for the guests along the lake--it's monopolized by repeat families--you have to go get a towel down on the beach chairs around 6am in order to get a chair--luckily because we were awakened by all the traffic at 5:30am--I was able to get down there to secure a couple of chairs--so that we weren't stuck at the pool--which is located on directly by the highway--it's always empty and very noisy because of all of the traffic.

We will never again stay at this place--and would not recommend to anyone going up to Lake George. There are plenty of other places in the area--stay away from this place. If there is a problem--you can be gauranteed that it will not get addressed and you will not be refunded, credited, etc . We ended up leaving early in order to get home and to get some sleep. The owners could care less about our experience--and never followed up with us after our initial complaint.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank JonesFamily29

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Gross. Room was dirty. owners were mean. Did not like my stay at all. Definitely not was I expected. Not what I saw on the website

• Stayed September 2010
4 Thank Gigi219
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The Capri has a beautiful spot on the lake and a great beach area. We've always enjoyed it every year that we've gone, and we always rebook for next year when we check out.

Typical, Lake George, Adirondack-style rooms. They probably could use a little updating, but they do seem to make minor improvements each year. It's a great place for families to spend the week, and most of the guests have seem to come here for years and years and years.

The only suggestions we would make are more Adirondack chairs and larger bath towels.

As far as the negatives go, bath towels are too small, the hill down to the lake is a little steep, and splinters are common when walking on the dock. Large families often have a tendancy to monopolize public areas and the owners let it go.

Overall, we would highly reccommend this as a fun-filled family vacation.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank CozzizzleReviews
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed July 5, 2011

This was our 1st time staying in Lake George at Capri Village. We had a great time! The lake, the location, and the grounds were all nice and very well kept. The Negatives are that the rooms are VERY VERY Dated! It took the 1st night to get comfortable. We checked the mattresses and they looked to be free of bed bugs, they also appeared to be fairly new, just not of good quality, and the rooms had a damp smell. Their bath towels are small and they don't give you many. The owner was very kind and offered information on things to do with the family. Guests staying at Capri seem to be families that have spent time their for many years over their summer. I would LOVE to see them update their rooms, but all in all it was a great little vacation and our children loved it. We would go back.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank theramfam04
Napanoch, NY
Reviewed June 22, 2011

We just returned from a stay ot the Capri. I would definately recommend this hotel to friends and family!

The ground are beautiful and well-kept. Yes, the hill is a bit steep, but you just have to decide if you'd rather be close to the pool or the lake before you make your reservation. We made the right choice for us and stayed up top by the pool. We still had a nice view of the lake.

The room we had was huge (much larger than we anticipated)! It would be great for us to return with our son. There were 2 Queen beds and one was in a separate room that could have the door closed. We were a little disappointed that the TV in the bedroom didn't work, but that was a small price to pay.

The room, the grounds, and the pool were all very clean. The property was only a short drive between the village of Lake George or to Bolton Landind, so it was nice.

I would definately return to this hotel in the future!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Cali2NewYorkGirl
Fairport, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This place is AMAZING! I just went a week ago and I was so impressed. It is right on the lake and the views are beautiful! It is close to both the Lake George Village and the Bolton Landing Village. There are a ton of things to do there, such as there free kayaks, docks to swim and fish off, a large swimming pool and a small but nice beach. The rooms are not amazing, but you don't spend a lot of time in them. I would recommend this place to anyone! I will definitely be back there next year!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank fptlover08
North Jersey
Reviewed August 28, 2010

The location is ideal except for the fact that you need to stay on the lower portion of the property because it's on a steep hill. I have stayed there more then once and would do so again simply because the owners of the property are very nice and accommodating. I had a small problem with my room and it was taken care of immediately. I have always stayed in a cottage and they are a decent size and I love the fact that they have a kitchen. It's also great that there are so many bbq grills. There is a nice play ground for the children. The beach is probably one of the best on Lake George. It's shallow and a decent size. I'll probably spend my 2011 vacation there as well.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
#1 of 8 in Bolton Landing
Flamingo Resort on Lake George
Flamingo Resort on Lake George
#2 of 9 in Diamond Point

Been to Capri Village on Lake George? Share your experiences!