“Not a repeat destination”

Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge
Boston, Massachusetts
“Not a repeat destination”
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My family and I chose to stay here for a long weekend vacation and we rented a suite room with two queens. My main problem with this place is the cleanliness, or lack thereof rather. When there are cobwebs and spiders in every corner of every room, it shows me you don't really care about cleaning the room for your guests. You should be aware that if you would like room service it's an extra charge a day.

A previous reviewer was right in warning about the rooms being right on the highway, if traffic noise bothers you, you should be aware that one side faces the road. The "heated" pool was freezing which I don't really care about but at least advertise it correctly. The pool chair I went to use was covered in cobwebs so at that point a favorable review wasn't going to be happening. If it was an inexpensive motel I'd more inclined to say you get what you pay for but the price is far too steep for the rooms and facilities to be in the state they're in. And the town of Lake George really isn't that close to say it's a convenient place to stay.

I do have to say the staff was helpful when we needed their assistance but by the third day of bruising my elbow in the small shower cubicle trying to wash my hair I was ready to say goodbye.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank mnm0407

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Latham, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2011

What a great place. Great location close to the village and bolton landing. The rooms are clean,the grounds are impeccable and the staff is very friendly. The pool is great. This is the only place I'll stay when I visit the Lake George region.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Greenfeild Center
Reviewed August 28, 2011

My two young daughters and I were given our money back by owner Michael Caruso immediately after check-in because the room we were shown prior to check-in had to be switched to another room after checking-in because of a broken showerhead.
The second room was too close to the road (state route 9) for the safety of my youngest daughter and had some other issues. Caruso refunded our money after check-in when I explained our dilemma.
Despite this unfortunate situation, we would stay here. The kids loved the pool and still talk about it. And Caruso could have been a jerk and kept our money but he did the right thing.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jim T
Port Washington, New York
Reviewed August 22, 2011

The service was great from the day I called to get information about the cabins. Chris was so helpful and patient with me through the booking process. They let us check-in early which was very accommodating especially after a long drive.

The cabins are spacious, clean and alot of fun with large balconies overlooking the woods. Kitchen was equipped with everything we needed and the fire pits were a nice touch. We had two cabins next door to each other which was very convenient for our party. Lake George village is a 10 minute car ride away.

This was our first trip to the Lake George area and after a successful and fun weekend, we decided to make it an annual tradition. Will definitely rent again next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Jackson, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2011

This was the first time staying here and my family loved it. Its location between lake george village and bolton landing makes it only minutes away from both of them very conveinient. The cabin was clean and spacious.The pool could have been a little warmer. R.J.did a great job making us feel at home and giving me locations where to fish with my 2 sons. He also pulled up on his scooter on our last nights stay to say goodbye and to ask if everything was ok with our stay.Chris was also nice who I only met once helping me bring wood back to the cabin for a fire that night. You have a real good assett with R.J. and Chris working there, and I wish for them advancement in the near future.
Sincerely yours,
Chris & Laura Vicari
P.S. see you next year!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Cornwall, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This was our first time renting this property and it was absolutely wonderful. The house is right on the lake and has spectacular views from either inside or outside the home. It was clean and had all amenities (washer/dryer, new kitchen, flat screen TV). The house is centrally located between Bolton Landing and Lake George Village. The house staff was readily available any time we needed something or had a question. We enjoyed our stay so much we are renting for two weeks next summer!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Green Island, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This year will be our 6th year going to Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge, with family and friends!!!!! Mike and Chris, do a GREAT job to make you feel right at home.
I have rented all over the Lake George Region, this is the one place that is hands down
the best place to stay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mike and Chris see you next week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
#14 of 87 in Lake George
Hill View Cottages
Hill View Cottages
#1 of 6 in Diamond Point

Been to Adirondack Diamond Point Lodge? Share your experiences!