“For a Special, memorable stay”
Review of Dexter 1855 House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dexter
Dexter 1855 House
Ranked #1 of 1 Dexter B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 28, 2011

What a delightful experience our stay was at the Dexter 1885 House! From the moment we arrived, the owners and hosts Deb and Bob Harmann made us feel like we were home and among family. Going to sleep at night was a treat, falling deeply into sleep with the luxurious high thread count sheets and fluffy duvet. We woke up in the morning to a gourmet, full course breakfast straight out of pages of Bon Appetite magazine. We recommend the 1855 Bed and Breakfast to anyone who’s looking for a special Victorian-themed get-away. We plan on treating ourselves annually to a stay in this role model Bed and Breakfast.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Lincoln room, which featured an enormous king-sized bed, and access to another, pri...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kate V

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Debbie and Robert are amazing hosts and made me feel welcome and right at home. I stayed at the The Leonard-Gilmore Room, a beautiful Victorian room with a large bedroom and a separate sitting area. You can feel the amount of love and care that goes into decorating and maintaining the house. When I first walked into the house, I saw a beautiful Christmas tree as well as was greeted with the smell of freshly baked cookies. If that does not get you into the holiday spirit, I don’t know what will! I felt very comfortable and safe and am so glad that I discovered this amazing B&B in Dexter, NY(no more chain hotels in Watertown for me). The breakfast was superb and I could not have asked for better hosts. I will keep coming back for all my future trips out to NY!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Naftusja G
Reviewed October 8, 2011

I loved every minute I spent in the house. The food was excellent, and Deb and Bob were very helpful with directions as well as being interesting to talk to. The food may have been the best part! Some of the best breakfast I have ever had. The overall experience at Dexter house was excellent. My whole family loved every minute of it!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Deb and Bob were great hosts, giving us dining and activity suggestions in the area. Brakfast was outstanding! We didn't really need lunch afterwards!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SpaCityHouse
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Deborah and Robert provided the perfect setting and went out of their way to help make a get together with friends from Canada much more than just an enjoyable surprise for my wife, who recently retired. The accommodations were clean and very comfortable. The food was outstanding and included delicious breakfasts as well as a specially arranged dinner with a choice of lamb, chicken, or steak on Sunday evening, and fresh fruit, cheeze, and crackers when we arrived. Most importantly was how comfortable Deborah and Robert made us feel and how much we enjoyed their company too. It actually seemed like the four of us were visiting two other close friends. Oh, I almost forgot the outstanding chocolate cake Deborah made for dessert and of which we were provided with an additional piece when departing. Deborah and Robert, thank you so much!

Susan & Ken

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Excellent rooms, great breakfast and friendly hosts

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2011

Deborah and Robert's home is by far one of my favorite places to stay. They really know how to do it right! My husband and I have no complaints. Chocolates and brandy in the room, the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. The kitchen is for guests so you can feel free to use it, since they have another living area for themselves. These two are so very accommodating, gracious and helpful. They want to make your stay perfect and they do! I would stay here again! This is a nice place to stay if you are visiting Sackett's Harbor or Watertown. It is close by to these towns and there are some nice antique places in the area, which we love to shop at. We could not have asked for anything more and only wished we had stayed here more than one night.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Dexter 1855 House? Share your experiences!