Econo Lodge
Doubletree.com
$139
$116
SpringHill Suites
CrestHill Suites Syracuse(East Syracuse)(Great Value!)
$129
$129
Fairfield Inn
  • Breakfast included
$100
$93
$75
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2010

Decent location and reasonable staff but unfortunately overrun with bedbugs. We booked 2 rooms in different buildings within the hotel. The sweet musty smell in the rooms should have been a warning clue to us ...

I awoke covered with bites (more than 100 bites!)... To my horror, when I checked the room further, I found black bed bug fecal stains and bloodstains on the mattress. I was also fortunate to capture some photos of the offending buggers (see appended photos) still engorged on my blood. My mother and son who were in the other room developed delayed hypersensitivity rashes and bite marks the next day.

Management provided a refund (albeit a partial one) and were apologetic. (Man, I will be really upset if I bring some of these critters home!)

This hotel has potential for thrifty travelers and is in a good strategic location (and I understand bed bugs are in the 5 star hotels too) But right now, this infestation appears to be hotel-wide and quite severe (and unfortunately will be very difficult to eradicate).

Bottom Line: if you are in the mood for donating blood, EconoLodge Dewitt is for you.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Ostracod999
Reviewed November 16, 2009

I stayed at this hotel last night with my 2 elderly parents and my young nephew. The hotel was clean and staff was freindly. We were able to check in very late with no problems. I had asked for a handicap room to accomodate my father who uses a wheelchair. The handicap room was easy to get in but once in the room it was very small and difficult to maneuver. The bathroom was definitley not meant for use with a wheel chair or even a walker. We only stayed the one night but if I had known that handicap room only meant that it was on the ground floor I would have gone elsewhere. My biggest issue is with the size of the room and selling it as handicapped. It is only an Econo Lodge and I realize this is not a mid or high end hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2009

My husband and I were at the Syracuse Nationals this year and we stayed here many because they took dogs. I had read the reviews prior to booking and liked what I saw. Much to our pleasure the place was more then we hoped for. The service was good and the room was immaculate.. I would absolutely stay there again and mist likely it will be next year for the show again. Thank you very much to Ambu, who took care of our every need. T

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2008

First of all, I never book any hotel or motel without checking Tripadvisor.com first! This little motel was simply wonderful for the price! A nice location and very clean rooms. And very quiet also. I stayed here with my 5 year old son and was very happy with the accommodations. From check in to check out there were no problems. The owner and front desk clerk checked me in with no problems. Very friendly and helpful. The room was plain and simple and very clean. Spotless bathroom. There was an iron and ironing board in the room as well. The motel is located in the same parking lot as a KFC, and a Denny's is right next door to the KFC. A large mall is nearby. There is a Barnes and Noble within walking distance as well. A great place to stay for the price that they charge.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank Keith H
Reviewed September 30, 2008

Stayed one weekend night. Although certainly not fancy, the accommodations were adequate for a short stay. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Vanilla or unscented deoderizer would have been better than what was there, but the scent wasn't overwhelming.

If stairs are a problem I do recommend that you ask for a room flush with the parking lot. The motel is built into a hill - I had to climb up two steep steps to get to the door and another steep step to get into my room.

Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo