“Desperation lunch.”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Manlius, New York
“Desperation lunch.”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This restaurant is located within Shoppingtown Mall, where the food court offers such delights as a pizza AND fish place, Arby's, and an Asian spot. I had to drop my older daughter off at a birthday party at the gymnastics place and needed to feed and entertain my younger one while we waited. Since the food court is pretty bad, we decided to try Friday's. From the time we walked in, things were not good. First, we were greeted by a stale odor, like a fraternity house basement. There were plenty of open tables, which is convenient but probably not such a great sign at 12:15 on a Saturday when most mall restaurants would be booming. There were only two of us, but we were seated at a six-top that could have used a better wipe-down, since there were a fair amount of crumbs on the tabletop. Also, my daughter asked me why her chair was so sticky. Our server was very personable, I will give her that. She took our drink orders while we looked over the menu, and brought them back quickly. But - she brought a straw for my daughter and not one for me, and when I asked for one, and for crayons for the kid menu my daughter had, I thought she would come back with them both, and quickly. But she never did. The food was really mediocre. My daughter had the macaroni and cheese, and the serving size was ample - so kudos there. I had the seared Ahi tuna appetizer instead of ordering an entree. My daughter's food came out well in advance of mine, and the server explained that the delay was because they didn't have any quacamole, and had to make some for me, "fresh". At noon on a Saturday. It's not like they'd run out during a busy lunch service. When my meal was delivered, again there was emphasis on the "made fresh" guacamole as though it were something special. Trust me, it was not. Nothing about the meal was special. I asked the server to bring the bill since we were on a tight time frame. She did, and that is the last I saw of her. Good thing I didn't need any change and was paying with cash, or I might still be there waiting. It's really no wonder that Shoppingtown is a dead mall. I felt as though I had been transported back to the 90s when I went to Friday's. Too bad I didn't have more flair.

• Visited June 2013

Syracuse, New York
“Better than fast food”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Love to lunch here when shopping at the mall. Excellent food at good prices. Have never had anything that disappointed me and I have tried many different entrees.

Visited January 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“One of the better chain Restauraunts”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

For a chain type retauraunt the place was a good choice. They had very good food and drink specials. The service was fast and friendly. I prefer this chain to other similar types. Good value for famillies.

• Visited March 2013
KIRKVILLE
“Horrible bar service”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Plenty of better choices close by. We wanted to order food, but they never came by to ask us, even though there were no other customers at the bar, I ordered water and when we said we were leaving...because of no service...they would not serve my water. Good to hear that business is so good that you can ignore a paying customer.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Anne A
LIVERPOOL
“Great service and great food”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Nice quiet atmosphere with subtle lighting and comfortable surroundings. Waiter was very good, the food came quickly and it was delicious. Ordered two of the $10 deals with entree and appetizer or dessert...more than enough food and delicious!

• Visited September 2012