“Not bad, but not great, either.”
Review of Applebee's

Applebee's
Ranked #10 of 21 Restaurants in DeWitt
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had an early afternoon meal here and everything was more or less okay, but nothing was so good that we'd go out of our way to eat here in the future.

I had the fish and chips, and the fish was not properly drained after removal from the cooking oil. As a result, the coated paper that it was served on was drenched in grease. The fish tasted okay, but the presentation was unappetizing. My wife had chicken tenders which were okay but undistinguished, no better than any of a thousand other places that serve them. The service was just average--not bad, not great.

We've eaten here before and probably will come back, so I'm not saying that it's bad here. The average rating I've given just means that this isn't one of those special places that I'd enthusiastically recommend.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I used to like Applebee's, but a recent trip there with my wife resulted in us walking out without ordering. There wasn't a single thing on the menu that my wife could eat. All the salads were pre-prepared with meat, and there wasn't a vegetarian entree. I think there might have been a toasted cheese sandwich on the kid's menu - but she's not a kid.

Come on folks, how difficult is it to make pasta without meat, or a salad. At least, you can wait until order time to add meat. Lasagna, doesn't need meat. You can put rice in chili instead of hamburger. There are loads of options and you choose none of the above with no apologies. No more Applebee's for me.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Once again I enjoyed myself at this restaurant. When I was there with my friends for a weekend a couple of weeks ago we went for 2 meals there. They have a great variety. Service was good.

1  Thank Joanne L
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I love the chicken fajitas. Always great service too.They have awesome potato twisters there as an appetizer.

1  Thank lazer8804
Reviewed September 24, 2012

If you are limited on your lunch hour, this is a great place to stop. Service is quick and the food is great. Festive atmosphere and a fun place to eat.

1  Thank tjmacri