“Floating Island, my favorite dessert!”
Review of Alfa - CLOSED

Alfa
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I recently ate at this new restaurant with 5 other gal friends. The restaurant was very busy for a Thrusday night, and I think the staff is trying to get a rhythm. I ordered the salmon with grilled vegetables. The salmon was delicious and tender while the vegetable was a very tiny portion with assorted lettuce piled on the plate to fill it up. I would haver prefered more veggies. Our waiter did not remove the salad plates before he brought out the main course and he did not have enough hands. The Floating Island dessert was perfect and delicious. I will give them another chance, as they smooth out the kinks.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

A few girlfriends and I were here on a recent Friday night for dinner. The restaurant hasn't been open too long but we thought we'd give it a try. The food was wonderful! The meal began with our attentive waiter who took our drink order and then brought us a wonderful basket of breads, veggies and two types of dips. I think one may have been green goddess but we weren't given any explanation. There was also a bottle of water on the table which was replaced throughout the evening without prompting.

Most of us began with fresh salads which were tasty and just the right size. I had the pasta carbonara for dinner and it was delicious! The portion was perfect and the pasta had the right combination of creaminess and flavor. The others had salmon and crab cakes which were both delicious as well. We finished the meal with with a lemon tort split among the 4 of us.

It is a little pricey for the location. Our total was nearly $140 for the 4 of us and only 2 had wine. I will return again though!