Scott's Family Resort
$129
Motel 6 Binghamton(Binghamton)
$53
$50
The Herrick Lodge(Union Dale)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were recently there for a family reunion. When all there we were 28 in number. We also had 8 children ranging in age from 3 to 12 years old. Everyone had a great time. Every day was full of activities, with the option of participating or just relaxing with a book by the lake. The activities ranged from water tubing, water skiing, golf, bocce, volley ball, dancing, etc. There was also a children's program every day which kept the children busy and having fun. They also offer a large game room with 4 bowling alleys, a shuffle board, billiards and a staffed icecream fountain for a rainy day. All meals were included in their dining room, which provided a nice time for us all to get together. In the dining room, at the front desk and throughout the day at all parts of the facility the staff was aleays freindly and helpful. It offered a great way for our family to get together and we will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Bill W
Reviewed June 30, 2012

They tell you right off that if you are looking for luxury, go to a Hilton. This place is about charm and old family ways - think of the Camp grounds of the movie Dirty Dancing. Quaint, quiet rooms with a comfortable bed and not much else, days packed with activities mainly run by the Scott family itself - including a musical revue (which was CHARMING and fun - 3 generations working together). You can golf on one of their 2 golf courses, or play sports on their fields, take dance lessons, water ski, swim or fish in the very clean Oquaga lake, go on nature hikes, or canoe tours, or just even take out a boat yourself and row around the lake. There are packages which include all your meals (they are yummy and filling - I only had dinner, but it was good) and all activities. The place is very flexible as well, we came in with the dire need for a bed and nothing else, and they came up with a pricing package to suit us very well. I loved sitting by the lake and reading on one of their comfortable lounges, really enjoyed the band and the shows, and loved standing on the dark dock at night looking up at the stars...I even saw some shooting stars. This was the most relaxing time I have had in a long time. Please go enjoy the charm of Scott's.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RainSky
Reviewed June 28, 2012

I wish I had read the reviews of real people like me who have had to stay here.... I would never come back here even if it were free- which btw it is expensive for what you get- cold tasteless food old moldy rooms w/ uncomfortable beds furnished w/ chairs from the 1960s... The funniest part is the " entertainment" which consists of the owners (pushing 90) singing songs from the turn of the LAST century...the ONLY saving grace is the lake which is clean & pretty. Please stay far away!

Room Tip: A room somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Stephen L
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Boy, a little reinvestment and this place would shine. It's a real family-owned business that is stuck in time and it was so fun. My teenagers were charmed and delighted. We played ping pong (I like ping pong!), had ice cream, there was shuffle board and old fashion bowling! And what was so charming were the couples learning to dance and showing off their talents. How sweet! The owner's took us on a boat ride around the lake and we could have tubed. It was just a real relaxing nice place to stay for a few days. My family is from the area and maybe it's the Redneck in me that was so enamored. If you're fussy and particular, this isn't for you. If you like to experience the out of the ordinary and a bit of history, this is your weekend getaway spot!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank speedatola
Reviewed May 28, 2012

If you want a Marriott, this isn't for you. If you want relaxation, family fun, great food, feeling welcome -- this is the place! My family has been visiting Scotts for 46 years; it's a place where you're put back in time, a relaxing, beautiful and peaceful place. The scenery is beautiful, the lake is incredible, and the Scott family are the best! Lake swimming, canoeing, dancing, showboat rides, biking, walking, golf, eating, shuffleboard, tennis, bowling, ping pong -- and more -- it's the best!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family