“Great Food and Comfortable Enviornment”

Hillview Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 101 Restaurants in Depew
Cuisines: American, Greek
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
New York City, New York
“Great Food and Comfortable Enviornment”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had lunch here today and boy did we pick the right spot. The food was great and service was good too. We will be back again. I usually plan our family lunches and I am going to plan the next one for the Hillview for the gang.

• Visited April 2013

Dunkirk, New York
“Large portions and fair prices”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We ate breakfast at this popular family owned spot and were not disappointed. I had the breakfast sampler that included 2 eggs, toast,ham, sausage, bacon and home fries for only $7.99. My wife got the chicken souvlaki omelet and she said it was very good. Portions were huge and the service was also very good. We stopped because we had a coupon from the Entertainment Book and it was honored without any glitches. Very reasonable prices and we will stop again.

• Visited March 2013
buffalo ny
“i just dont know anymore...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Is there really any point in reviewing restaurants? People will eat anything and love it. The lions share of places seem to use prefabricated food prepared and served poorly. Hillview is different in that they have quite a few homemade type specials daily.
Its a gorgeous restaurant at most any pricepoint, let alone their most reasonable cost.
It has what i assume is a greek flair so be prepared for some really weird crap like cinnamon in the stuffing etc...
Last night I opted for the prime rib. The french onion soup starter was very good and i was pleased to see that the cup incl with the meal had melted cheese on it.
I ordered a dinner salad as well which would have been ok if the onion slices werent 5 yrs old.
The end cut I asked for was so tough i literally had a hard time cutting it with a steak knife.
I shouldve listened to my nagging thoughts about going back there.....I know from years and years of living nearby that Im just as likely to hate it as i am to have a meal like mom makes. To make things worse, the owner is very suspicious and cheap.
To get back to my meal...the mashed potatoes were fake which i can actually deal with but they were loaded with some vile fake butter taste which completely overwhelmed them. The gravy was very pedestrian and was served in a gelatinous blob from sitting around in a steamtable. The cook didnt even bother to thin it out so it was palatable.
The only item I brought to their attn was the potatoes, asking for a few fries instead. Waitress obliged but returned saying they needed the potatoes from my dinner plate! THIS is the kind of insufferable crap the owner sits up nights thinking of! I chastised myself for forgetting all this.
The service was 50/50. I asked for butter and some time later the waitress came back in the dining room and altho i shouldnt be shocked by this anymore, never even once looked around the room at her tables! I called out to her with increasing volume but she never even acknowledged me. It was so obvious that she heard me that a kind man at the next table sent his son over with some butter!!
Bottom line: On a good day you have even odds of getting an amazing home cooked meal at a really fair price. Just dont expect any satisfaction if theres a problem. The guy has always been a big jerk that way.

• Visited November 2012
Clarence, New York
“Great Homemade Pies”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This is a wonderful family friendly, family owned (I Think) Restaurant. We go there for breakfast after church and I always look forward to the menu and it's many choices for every meal. The portions are generous and the price is reasonable. It was remolded it the last few years and is always clean. The service is fast and friendly.

Visited October 2012
Port Elgin
“Good value”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

First time having dinner at the Hillview. Good value but alot of food. I could have shared my meal with someone. The food was good but too much.

Visited September 2012