“Alays a good meal and great value” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Hidden Cafe
Ranked #4 of 41 Restaurants in Delmar
Good for: Families with children
New York
“Alays a good meal and great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

I have to admit - I have the same thing every time I come here - the ravioli tuscana - described in the menu: Imported wild mushroom ravioli with sautéed leeks & julienne roasted red peppers finished in a light cream sauce with pistachio nuts and a whisper of sambuca (an Anise liquor). Sprinkled with toasted pistachio nuts & parmesan cheese.
It is as good as it sounds and I'm hooked. Other meals that my companions have had are always good as well. Inexpensive for the most part - there were four of us - four glasses of wine (their wines by the glass are not high end - $6 each) - and we spent $113 - we just had our entrees though, no appetizers or dessert. This is a consistent, pleasant, very good local restaurant we are lucky to have in Delmar!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank happy12054

Delmar, New York
“I order the Mushroom Ravioli in Sambucca every year on my birthday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was delicious. Service is great. Hard to get a table on Friday or Saturday night without reservations

Visited March 2013
Albany, NY
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Excellent mediterranean food, great staff. I have never had a bad meal and even though it is always crowded, it's always worth it.

Visited April 2013
West Sand Lake, New York, United States
“Good Mediterranean food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyable dinner with family and friends. Good selection of delicious Mediterranean fare done to perfection and enough food for midnight snacks. Comfortable and quiet seating with friendly service.

Delmar, New York
“Loving Garlic in Delmar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

For both eat-in and takeout The Hidden Cafe is excellent and we have had it many times over the years. The shopping center ambience may be off putting to some, but once you taste the food, you will forget about it. Service is friendly and prompt, but not rushed. I recently had their ravioli with a Sambuca flavoring that I loved, in spite of the fact that I actually don't really like Sambuca. It was done just right so that the flavor made a positive contribution to the over all dish without overpowering it. When we eat in Delmar The Hidden Cafe is always at the top of our list.

Note: I reserve five stars in a restaurant review for the truly sublime dining experience. That said, The Hidden Cafe is excellent and right up with the best in the region.

• Visited December 2012