“Best Hummus EVER”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 29, 2012

It's true that this place really is for garlic lovers. But if you love garlic, then you will love Hidden Cafe. Everything on the menu is fantastic (fresh, well prepared, and delicious) but my favorites by far are the hummus and the lamb shish kebobs. The hummus is perfectly garlicky and smooth and comes with toasted pita points. I highly recommend ordering the trio to try all the dips. The lamb is absolutely amazing tender, juicy, beautifully season and always cooked to perfection. Equally good are the salads, though I recommend the dressing on the side as someone has a heavy hand. Really a hidden gem that should not be missed.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

hidden is right! in the back, in the corner, in the dark of the Hanaford plaza. There are a couple of restaurants back there, but this is the one we tried.
Small, friendly and tidy. Not an exhaustive menu, but if you like greek style food (Lamb, Pita bread, humus) this is a great spot for you.
Good selection of wine, not over priced. Some "off the beaten path" beers as well.
Haven't had a bad meal yet.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Our dinner last night with long time friends was extremely enjoyable. Our server did everything he could to make our time at the restaurant a positive experience. The recommended wine was delicious. The bread was warm and the dip was especially yummy (not your usual tasteless olive oil dip). Each of us raved about our well seasoned meal - chicken, lamb, and fish. The salads were generous, too. This is a lovely place for a quiet, satisfying meal, and I'm certain we'll return very soon.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I was here for a business dinner. I had the chicken kebob. The chicken was a little dry I thought, but everything else was good. Everyone at the table shared the Trio (Hummus, Taziki & babaghanouj) which was fantastic. Make sure you have a mint handy afterwards. With all Mediterranean food there's lots of garlic!

Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was wowed by the high quality of the food, but I could not eat more of my dish due to the high salt content. EVERYTHING is salty, from mashed to fried potatoes to chicken and lamb dishes. Too bad, I won't go back...