“Best meals like homemade”

Four Corners Luncheonette
Ranked #8 of 42 Restaurants in Delmar
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Breakfast, lunch and dinner you can find something delicious. No matter who I bring with me, whether vegetarian, picky eater or someone who wants to eat a lot, they leave satisfied. Check out their freezer for some great leftover soups and breads at a great price.

There are newer reviews for Four Corners Luncheonette

Reviewed March 14, 2013

The Four Corners Luncheonette refers to itself as "a verdant oasis in the gustatory badlands.' They are absolutely correct!

I'd noticed the Four Corners several times when we were stopping at another place around the corner, but we had never tried it until I purchased a Restaurant.com certificate.

We went on a Friday night which was probably not the best idea -- the place was packed, and it's not very large. However, we only had to wait a few minutes for a table.

The menu is very varied (which is always a problem for me because everything sounds good and I have trouble making up my mind) and includes foods from various cultures (Italian, German, etc.) My half-German husband had no trouble whatsoever -- he ordered the bratwurst, which came with potato pancakes and sauerkraut. I tasted it all, and we agreed that it was excellent. I chose a special -- tortellini with sauteed chicken strips, spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, fresh basil and walnuts finished with white wine. It came with a huge, very fresh salad which we shared and both enjoyed. To say my entree was also huge is an understatement. And it was fabulous. All the flavors complemented each other perfectly.

Since the restaurant was so busy, and there were only two servers to deal with the patrons, takeout and the register, service was a bit slow. However, we were in no rush, so this was not a problem.

Can't wait to return!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We have been eating here for over 20 years as the family has been growing. The food is extraordinary - my daughter who now lives in TX heads there as soon as she gets to town. The food is so varied that every child can find something the like.

1  Thank A_G12186
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This used to be our favorite go-to place for great food for breakfast and lunch. The physical building has had very little done since the beginning of time I believe, but always seem to have a certain charm. Now I would say run-down and often dirty. The food too has lost much. My husband and I, now empty-nesters, often went when they first started serving dinner-and that seems to be about when the demise began. I might try breakfast again w/ wishful thinking, but last so many times we've been really disappointed.

2  Thank Adp P
Reviewed January 30, 2013

With a varied menu and home style atmosphere, the Four Corners Luncheonette is really a nice spot for a good lunch, great brunch or a hearty dinner. It's a local favorite.

Been to Four Corners Luncheonette? Share your experiences!