“Very good chicken pesto”

Mercatos Pizzeria Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 42 Restaurants in Delmar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family style Italian Pizzeria Restaurant with a banquet room and a full stocked bar. Trays of food to go. Banquet Room for parties upto 50 people. Chicken, Veal, Pasta, Eggplant, Seafood, Steak, Pizza. Homemade food. Happy hour at the bar. Open 7 days. Clean and neat place. Plenty of parking.
Reviewed July 14, 2012

They make a very good chicken pesto. It is topped with eggplant and mozzarella cheese, served in a wonderful pesto sauce. I like to mix my spagetti into the sauce. There pizzas are pretty decent too.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

We eat here fairly often. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. Service is very good. The pizza is wonderful. They have good chicken parm and sausage and peppers. They will not overcook your pasta. Great tiramisu! The prices are reasonable and there is ample parking.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Really enjoyed the chicken pesto dish, but make sure you order the pasta with a red sauce. The waitress failed to ask me my preference, but it was still good. Just not as good. We tried the pizza and it was good. Not the best, but not bad. I'd give it an average rating.

Reviewed May 22, 2011

Companion and I eat here probably once per month. While the other dishes are mediocre to average, the pizza is sublime. It may be our favorite pizza outside of NYC.
Unfortunately, the service is comical. I sometimes think Tony Mercato should be paying us to endure this pain.
Having to go up to the bar and ask our waitress (involved in deep conversation with the bartender), for more drinks is the norm. It is not at all unusual to have the waitress deliver our food and not see her again until check time, and this is when the restuarant is nearly empty.
Should anyone decide to eat there, avoid Jane, the least attentive of a poor waitstaff.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I'd been a regular customer for years. The food went downhill quickly after the previous management left and started the unrelated Mercato's III in Latham. Today was the worst- totally tasteless meatball pizza with undercooked, mushy crust. I've enjoyed frozen Ellio's far more. Pizza has to be pretty bad to gross me out, and like previous pizza and dinner takeout of late, it's now quite apparent that I shall not be ordering any food from this particular Mercato's again. I hope Mercato's III in Latham is as good as they were when they were operating this restaurant in Delmar. Avoid Tony's Mercato's! How sad...