“Good food, VERY pricey drinks.”
Review of Ludlow Bistro - CLOSED

Ludlow Bistro
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Schwartz Pl
Transit: Very close to Deer Park train station, and bus service available.
Description: Trendy yet casual setting with innovative cuisine and a meticulous service team, Brian and his dedicated staff are committed to exceeding guests' expectations and it shows. Diverse and approach-able cuisine is the perfect balance of sophistication and simplicity with an artistically creative flair is sure to impress.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good food, VERY pricey drinks.”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

We came here after the nice reviews we had read on tripadvisor and various other sites, and we weren't disappointed. The food was very delicious with interesting flavor combinations and the portion sizes were worthy of the pricing. My only complaints would be that the drinks, though very well mixed, were real expensive. Also, not sure what they were going for with the awful orange color and quesionable mood music, but they failed. Ignore the decor and focus on the food; you'll enjoy yourself much more that way.

Also, if you've got a phone with foursquare, make sure you check in to get a free drink with your entree purchase!

Hicksville, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible”
Reviewed April 9, 2011

We arrived at about 8:12 for 8:15 reservations at this restaurant that is a little bigger then a garage. The “hostess” ignored us for about 2 minutes prior to acknowledging our presence. I told her we had 8:15 reservations and she told us we would have a 10 to 15 minutes. We went to the bar area which is roughly the size of a large foyer. The bartender ignored me for about 5 minutes as I stood there trying to order drinks. I looked at the other 5 coupled who were all crammed into this area waiting for seat sand got a little worried. One man got up a few minutes later to complain about his wait. A group came in and got seated, I went to Open Table on my iphone and saw that this restaurant was still accepting reservations for 8:30, 8:45, 9:00, etc. So I went to the hostess to ask how much longer for the wait. She was rude to me. I told her we had reservations for 8:15. She told me everyone waiting had reservations. I asked why are you still accepting reservations. The manager-owner came by to handle this situation. He had absolutely no customer service skills. He was rude and confrontational. I was informed this was restaurant week and he was new to Open Table. I chose to leave the restaurant. I logged onto my phone at about 8:40 and made reservations to Nisen Sushi in Commack for 9:00. I got there at 8:58. I was seated almost immediately. The waitress was wonderful, the manager checked on us to make sure we were happy.

• Visited April 2011
1 Thank Hanktadd
St James, New York
“SUPERB”
Reviewed January 20, 2010

I met the chef, Ian, and he knows his stuff for such a young man. I have been going there for the past year 1-2 times per month and EVERYTIME Ian has outdone himself. Brian the owner is very cordial and the entire wait stafff are all professional and very attentive. The ambiance is excellent and every person I have recommended has come back to me with positive reviews.

Dix Hills
“One Of Long Island's Best”
Reviewed February 19, 2009

One Of Long Island's best restaurants. Superior food, service, and decor, you will not be disappointed after a meal at Ludlow Bistro.