“What a change”

Darien Lake Amusment and Water Park Campground
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Darien lake is back! Wow just got home, the park and campground all updated back to its former glory. The park has redone landscaping, put in new rides and updated the campgrounds. From what i was told its just the begining. I'm very excited. Six flags bled the park dry and didnt invest a penny for almost a decade, and to see its comeback is great. The new rides are great for young kids just one step up from the kiddy rides. When we were there the water park was being resurfaced. So if your going soley to hit the water park area call ahead.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank goodfella999z
There are newer reviews for Darien Lake Amusment and Water Park Campground

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I don't even know where to begin. The parking was a mess, we ended up actually parking in the employee lot. Then, 15 minutes or more waiting in line for a locker. There were 3 employees behind the counter, and only 1 was actually helping the customers. But, above all else, the worst part of the park was THE SMELL! I don't know if they just tarred the park or what, but the stench of the asphalt was so overwhelming that both my husband and I were sick. Nauseous. And it didn't go away until we went into the kids area, where there is no asphalt. That only lasted so long. There were few rides for kids, and the lines were long. Lots of closed rides. And we waited for so long in one line that we actually climbed over a fenced area just to get out, because we gave up. I can honestly say that I am SO bummed that we shelled out nearly 200 bucks on the entrance fee alone. Please, do yourselves a favor and keep driving.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank KittieKaboom
Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

Growing up this was the place to be in the summer time, not so much any more. We arrived for the memorial day weekend excited to only have that excitement quickly taken away with disappointment. Location of the rv site can't be beat but that is about all it has going for it. We arrived to a dirty rv that obviously not been cleaned all season, dead bugs everywhere mud on the floors and dust on all aplliences. A/c unit wasn't working in our rv so we called and they sent someone down with in a few minuites which was great to have the matenence guy tell us " well some of these units just don't work to great anymore." and he changed the filter and that was it, the unit still didn't work. The beds are in horrible condition, and to top it off the window treatments had a few blood stains on them and medical tape on the side of the wall. I can 100% say I will never be back here again.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank Steve Q
Reviewed March 8, 2012

As much as I love camping, I tend to get a little figity after a couple of days. But here, what fun! Not only can you camp but then go on rides - no getting bored! I found the camping to be really good although we stayed in the section to the left when you come into the park (nicely treed - felt like most campgrounds), on the right it is pretty wide open (like camping in a football field). The park itself is okay. I'm 45 minutes away from Canada's Wonderland and this park is probably a quarter of the size. Still fun and when you add the camping it makes up for it. We saw a Brooks and Dunn concert while there - again, what other campground ground do you get all of this? I just wish they were quicker with putting out the concert schedule for the season. I realize it takes time for them to book events but the closer to summer the harder time I have booking the holidays at work. Either way, I still plan on going back this year.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank GW_Rockefeller
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I love the Darien lake theme park and we go there every few years since it's one of the closest parks to us. We usually stay at the campground because it's right beside the park (but it's not too noisy) and you get admission with your stay there, I believe, unless I forgot... So we spend the night in a camper and the day at the amusement park. Very fun.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank DillPickleSwimmer
Reviewed August 29, 2011

The hotel was clean and close to the park. That's what made the difference and made it worth the money.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank budman30
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We arrived in the middle of a thunder and rain storm to find our site trashed and completely soaked. There wasn't a dry spot, or a spot with ANY grass on it at all. It was a big shallow mud puddle. I know it wasn't anybody's fault that is was raining, but there wasn't enough room for two tents to sit level either. So I called the office and they were accomodating when I asked for the site across the trail. The trash was still there at the original site when we finished our stay. The ground was so rocky it was difficult (and impossibe in some spots) to pound the stakes.

Room Tip: Ask for a campsite that is either "full sun" or one with at least some grass
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Batavia - Darien Lake
Hotel at Batavia Downs
Hotel at Batavia Downs
#4 of 12 in Batavia

Been to Darien Lake Amusment and Water Park Campground? Share your experiences!