“Thanx for the early check-in!”
Review of Logan's Inn

Logan's Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dansville
Logan's Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Dansville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I loved staying at the Logan's Inn!
We had a bad experience & had previously booked the Dansille Inn (NEVER again) & needed to check out & get a motel ASAP. Logan's Inn hurried the housekeepers (Thanx so much) & we were in ourroom before 1pm.
It was clean, secure, quiet & comfortable.
I would gladly suggest this to anyone looking for a place to stay in the Dansville area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank roryboryalice

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed here with my children for one night very recently and I must say I absolutely loved it. As I was just reading the reviews I was shocked b/c my experience was so very different. We were located in room 102, there was a flat screen,the room was extremely clean as was the bathroom and I had absolutely no complaints. My children thoroughly enjoyed themselves and we will definitely stay there again. My only drawback if I had to have one is I wish there was a fridge and microwave in the room, but other than that we loved it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank travelingmamaAlbany
Reviewed November 28, 2011

This is a gas station attached to a convenience store, attached to a heavy-metal gym (with pool and suntan booths) attached to an over-the-hill motel with a captive audience - no competition. Good: clean rooms and excellent towels, quiet AC. Bad: Faux paper "veneer" peeling off furniture, stained bathroom floor curling up, rock hard beds, super-thin pillows.Makes Motel 6 and Super 8 look like the Ritz Carleton. Clearly, their focus is on pumping gas, selling conveniences, and building a gym clientele - not on hospitality for their guests. Seriously consider driving a little further in this area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank MacToo
Reviewed September 18, 2011

OK. The room was fine. The restaurant advice was fine. But the information that the pool was closed and had been closed for regular monthly maintenance when we checked in should have been mentioned AT check-in, not after we returned from dinner and was ready for a relaxing swim.

When I shared my disappointment with the manager who came on duty in the AM, she was less than concerned.

An apology would have been nice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SaddleTramps
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Dansville is a small community, most well-known for their annual Dogwood and Hot Air Balloon Festivals. We occasionally return to the area for short family visits. How can I tactfully put it? Logan's is one of the best of the very limited choices on places to stay, and that isn't saying much.

The location is very convenient, right off 390. It's not hard to find and there is a gas station and mini mart adjacent to it.

The rooms are tired and musty. The beds are uncomfortable and the bedding needs to be replaced. The bathrooms are sparse and walls are mildewy. Paint is peeling. The fan in the bathroom of room 103 has a horrible loud bad bearing noise. The toilet continuously reflushed every time we used it. No hooks to hang your clothes on in the bathroom and no place to lay them, just a crooked towel bar on the back of the door. The remote for the TV did not work. We have stayed there several times over the past 3 years, and have seen no upgrades.

Additionally, the walls and floors are paper thin, no soundproofing. You can hear EVERYTHING that is going on around you, and in our case, there was a rather loud party going on right above us until 2:30 AM, we barely slept. My husband wanted to get up and leave in the middle of the night.

The one positive I could find, is that the pressure on the shower head was excellent!

They charge you by how many people are staying in the room and rates vary by the day of the week. Use of their small fitness center and indoor pool are included. A coffee maker is provided.

I soooo wish we had another option, or that the owners would renovate. This place could be so much better with a lot of TLC!

Room Tip: Show your AAA card and save.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank GoStillerz
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This hotel has a terrible habit of retaining your credit card information on paper registrations, no software encryption here. It is kept at the registration desk for anyone behind the desk to view. Even if you pay cash, they "must" have your credit card number in case of theft or damage.

We have stayed there before because there isn't many options in Danville, so we were aware of the problem. Before. they gave us the credit card information back to be destroyed when we left. This time, the front desk refused. Said that she would take care of it when they were sure that there wasn't any damages or theft. She never even asked our names. Will she actually destroy the number? Who knows. I will never stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank PAvisitor18840
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Funny we just stayed here and it was clean, did not smell . Everything thing was clean and the gym was also clean . From what we saw in Dansville I would not stay any were else! One thing I would ask for next time is to be on the 2nd floor.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back and on the 2nd floor !
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Logan's Inn? Share your experiences!