“Treated with class”
Review of Touch of Venice

Touch of Venice
Ranked #2 of 12 Restaurants in Cutchogue
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Scenic view, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Established in 1989 Touch of Venice is a family owned and operated restaurant serving Long Island's North Fork for over 20 years.We have full bar, a private room for catering; and our outside patio is the perfect setting to enjoy a delicious Bellini. We designed our menu to combine traditional Italian classics with a creative, contemporary twist. We use locally-sourced fresh fish and produce, all-natural meats, and specialty Italian imports. All deserts are prepared on premises, including Barbara's famous Italian cheesecake. We pay close attention to our wine list and tailor our selections to compliment the cuisine. Our wine list includes regional Italian classics and local North Fork wines. Touch of Venice is open year-round. During the summer, we serve lunch and dinner 7 days a week; out of season we recommend calling for hours.We hope you'll join us!Rated "Very Good," ... "An unsung hero in Mattituck"- New York Times, 8/31/03
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Had my mom's 90th birthday party here this past weekend. Approx 35 people, from 3 yrs thru 30's (NYC foodies, everyone one of them) and beyond, thru to mom's 80 year old friends. We had a blast, and were treated SO well by Ettore (owner), his son and staff. A sunny, spacious room to the side to call our own, a staff that tended to our every wish from vegan to gluten-free. Family style platters, w/such ample servings we brought home tons of left-overs in take-out trays they supplied. Baked our own cannoli cake (our wish); so they supplied ample bowls of ice cream, amaretto cookies, and fruit. Overall, a most pleasant and easy experience! Really - they couldn't have been more accommodating. Don't even bother looking elsewhere. Thanks, Ettore!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went after wine tasting with family. Were seated after 30 minutes. We did not have reservation and since it was a Saturday we figured it was ok to wait 30 minutes. had drink at bar and appetizers which were very good but costly. was seated and had to wait 14 minutes for water. NOT A GOOD START. We had calamari salad to start which was delicious. Ordered our food and it took very long to get. had to ask fro bread and water refill. When food arrived we were all surprised to see how small the portions were. veal rollatini would not even fill a baby. Linguini with clams and shrimp was horrible 5 little clams and three shrimp. The sauce had no flavor and had tomato skin that I was choking on. Complained to waitress and nothing was done. No hostess or manager ever came to our table to talk to us. Went home hungry. When leaving was asked by hostess how everything was. amazed us the waitress did not even tell the hostess or manager about our complaint. Would figure the chef would come to see what was wrong but obviously he wasn't told either. SO, when leaving we told the hostess and she said she will talk to waitress and asked if we wanted to speak to the manager. We said no as we will not be returning to the establishment. To have to pay $151 for dinner that was horrible and had to stop to eat on the way home was just insane. We will NEVER return to this place and I suggest you don't go either. No one seemed to care that we were dissatisfied.

3  Thank cobra487
Reviewed November 14, 2013

One of the specials of the day was fluke francesca. It was done to perfection. The spinach salad was perfection and the exotic cake included in the dinner price was to die for. We were late in making reservations and could not get into our favorite at a reasonable hour so this was a second choice. It will be a first choice when we visit the north fork again

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Visited on the last day of Restaurant Week. As an appetizer, had the eggplant sorrentino. The eggplant was perfectly cooked and very light. It was in a delicious red sauce with ricotta and mozarella cheeses. For an entree, my wife and I both had the Seafood Bradoto. It was clams, mussels, calamari, sea scallops and a prawn in a tasty broth with a large piece of grilled italian bread. The seafood was cooked perfectly! Each type of seafood was perfectly tender. Such a pleasure as we had previously eaten at a nice restaurant in Shelter Island the week before and the seafood was grossly overcooked. Had a side order of brocolli di rape that was very good. For dessert, had the owner's home cooked Italian cheesecake. It was perfectly light and outstanding. A great meal!
The waitress, Nicole, was outstanding with a great sense of humor.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Reviews by others seemed a bit vague so I decided to try myself. We arrived at 6 and were quickly seated, the service staff was attentive and efficient. Our server made recommendations and also was extremely flawless in her duties. We enjoyed the stuffed artichoke which I have not had one this tasty since my deceased grandmother made them every Sunday when in season. I would not dare say they were better for fear of a random lightning strike.... My wife enjoyed the grilled eggplant with goats cheese and tomato it was good but maybe could of been peeled as skin was a bit tuff to remove. Our entrees were great My wife enjoyed a Baby Shrimp Pasta dish with fresh figs and a touch of cream that was a feature and I had an old standby which was veal rollitini with a tasty fresh rice ball . I would go back again and felt that the prices at 23.00 for entrees was extremely fair . I have had 15.00 dinners at other local restaurants that we awful so for the 8.00 increase I was satisfied. Give it a try and go early to avoid rush. wish we would of had dessert but were full and would go back just to taste the Local Peaches with local Merlot sauce over ice cream. Oh don't miss the Fig Martini it was great.......... a little pricy for 13.00 but tasted great and plenty of Vodka in it.

1  Thank CombatCulinary