“Great place”

Cuisines: Seafood
Description: This is both a take out and eat in restaurant
Description: This is both a take out and eat in restaurant
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Stopped by on way to vineyards. Had a great flounder wrap, clam strips and cole slaw. Everything was great.

1  Thank PTycz

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I've had some great take out from here, some so-so, and some not so good. I think he portions and quality fluctuate a lot depending on who's cooking. I can say I love the scallops when in season, and the tuna has usually been good (needs a lot of sauce IMHO). Other stuff has been truly hit or miss. Convenient option for seafood to go though.

1  Thank Lyssa K
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I love Braun's! We don't live in the area, but Braun's is on our must-do list when we visit family. They have two businesses, a fresh market on the left, and "Braun's 2 Go" on the right. The market sells a variety of really fresh local fish, lobster, crabs, etc. I personally enjoy the market on a more regular basis, and my favorite thing is to pick up steamed/cracked lobsters, and a few baked clams from the market. Grab a salad and Sang Lee dressing from their refrigerated section and you're done. It's a delicious dinner for much less than what you'd pay at a restaurant. Their prepared tuna salad and lobster salads are both AMAZING. Having some of that tuna on a toasted New York bagel with a slice of tomato is pretty much my idea of heaven.

Braun's 2 go is good if you want prepared meals, but I don't think of it as a "restaurant" exactly. There is no table service, and only one table inside where you can sit. Outside there is a small tent with picnic benches, but that only really works in the summer. They have a delicious grilled salmon wrap, and the clam chowder is perfection (both New England & Manhattan). Also, pretty much anything fried is going to be insanely good.

The only gripe that I can think of is that the staff in the market is not always knowledgable. In the summer they often hire high school kids to work there, and some of them seem like they don't care all that much (which is understandable I guess, it's a summer job). For example, I once asked how long I should cook salmon in the oven. The response that I got was "Until it's done." Okay then.

I highly recommend visiting Braun's if you are in the area!

1  Thank beachycali
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Tired after a long day, stopped at Braun's to grab some dinner to take back to our suite - menu is extensive, with a variety of fish and preparations available, including several salads, and a multitude of daily specials. Everything we ordered - chowder, a steamed seafood appetizer with mussels, clams and shrimp in it, and a fried seafood combo, was delicious. Only complaint - place was empty when we got there, no one else around, and it took quite a long time to prepare - but it was certainly worth the wait!

1  Thank Slats62
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place with wide variety of seafood available. Very good fresh oysters and crab legs that make perfect picnic lunch at the wineries. Highly recommend!

1  Thank Pitergirl