“Unexpected Delicious Elegant Dining!”
Review of Moonwinks

Moonwinks
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Cuba
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Dining here was wonderful. The Christmas decor was elegant and beautiful and the fireplace warming the room was delightful. The light snow coming down outside the window added to the ambiance for our anniversary dinner. Our server was attentive and helpful. There were crackers and cheese dip brought immediately. Then we had drinks and appetizers. The soup of the day was very tasty and my husband loved the French Onion Soup. We didn't notice how long it took to get our entree but everything seemed to come quickly after we finished with the previous course. The food was not what I expected in a small farming community! So delicious. We will definately be going again!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stopped for lunch...located a short distance from I 86. We had their special soup of the day, a squash and apple soup. Delicious, rich and creamy with small chunks of squash and apple. Also had the shaved prime rib sandwich that, I feel, was the best prime rib sandwich that I have had...very moist and tender. My husband had the chicken and biscuits and said that it was okay but would not order again. Service was quick but then again there were not many peope there that day.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

The food is very good and the people and ambiance great. Sometimes the wait is much longer that I would like before my food is served (an hour or more wait) but if you are not in a hurry---enjoy the environment and sometimes---live music

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We visited Moonwinks for the annual high school reunion. Last year, there was a beautiful buffet with creatively prepared options.

This year (probably in order to reduce congestion and confusion in the dining room) there was a lackluster sit down dinner. The salad consisted of a few pieces of lettuce and one tiny tomato dressed with ??bottled ranch dressing. The main course was a 60's style piece of turkey atop a heap of breaded dressing and smothered in highly salted turkey gravy. Next to that was a similar sized pile of uninspired roast beef. Beautifully cooked and artfully displayed green beans served as a good visual and gastronomical distraction from the heaps of meat. The bread basket, rolls, etc. were plentiful and there was a strawberry shortcake for dessert.

The servers were outstanding and really made up for what lacked in the food. I'm guessing that a typical meal at Moonwinks is more delicious than this one was.

1  Thank Route100
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We always stop here for lunch when crossing NYS and always have had the best service and food. The lunch menu is on the small side as far as selection, but there is good basic variety of enjoyable offerings. The French Onion Soup is outstanding. Portions are a good size for the price and meals are cooked to order. Service is excellent as well. It is well worth the stop.

Been to Moonwinks? Share your experiences!