“Surprising !”
Review of Econo Lodge Cuba

Econo Lodge Cuba
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Cuba
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Mrs. Patel took my phone reservation call and set up a room for me. The one-story motel sits back from I-86, far enough to provide a quiet setting. Not being familiar with the Econo Lodge chain, I didn't expect much. So I was delightfully surprised when I saw the large open lobby and the spacious, well-appointed and spotless room. Good beds, free wi-fi, a good, basic free breakfast. I hate reviews that sound like they were written by the hotel owner, but honestly there is nothing to complain about here. If you are driving the Southern Tier Expressway you will not be disappointed by booking here.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank NeilfromDayton

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The Cuba Econo Lodge is clean and kid- and pet-friendly. The free breakfast is minimal, but with assorted cereals, bagels, muffins and bananas, it's usually enough to get us started. They also offer coffee and OJ and the coffee is about average. If you like a more greasy breakfast, there is a McDonalds in town. We use this hotel every year for Fourth of July weekend, strictly for a place to sleep! They are very overpriced for their hotel category on summer weekends, but it all comes down to location - they are the only hotel in a popular lake town. The staff is attentive and available 24/7 as the property managers live on site. Usually a very quiet stay, even on the busy weekend. The rooms have a small micro-fridge which is nice for traveling families.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank BornToTravel79
Reviewed May 9, 2011

very large and clean rooms. excellent staff service. reasonable rates.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank alan60795
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Stayed one night on a business trip. The room was a double and larger than most. The location is very peaceful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank BXDIVER
Reviewed November 8, 2010

We were traveling home from Detroit with friends and stopped here overnight without checking the reviews, rates etc. How shocked to find out this poorly managed and maintained motel rooms were $100 with tax and all. Way too much money. The carpeting in our rooms (we had rented two) were worn, drab and looked way too dirty to walk on without shoes or slippers. We had the absolute minimum of amenities. Beds were lumpy, some of the blankets were twin size -- we had 2 full size beds in our room --
if this is an indication of the value/quality of EconoLodge motels we have stayed at them for the last time. There is a continental breakfast - the coffee was like tea and the rest was doughnuts and muffins and dry cereal. By the time we woke up, we had little intentions of eating there and after viewing the Continental Breakfast we knew we would be stopping down the road. I won't include my wife's comments for obvious reasons.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank gcd28
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The wife and I have stayed here three times in the last year, mid route between Kingston NY and Wheeling, WV. We enjoy a daily morning walk, and appreciate the access road/hill to the left as you exit the motel. It's a fun 20 min hike to the top of the hill. The rooms were clean, staff friendly, the amenities - wireless internet, breakfast, fridge - all were fine. The nearby town of Cuba has an interesting world class cheese shop, a good pizzeria, and a medium size grocery store for deli items etc. Rooms facing meadow (rear side of the motel) are especially quiet. Love this place!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ganeshaka
Reviewed August 23, 2010

I had to stay here for abt a month until the closing on my house was finished. It was a wonderful experience. Very helpful even with my house purchase. I got lots of info from the staff. IT was a GREAT choice to stay here, just wish I had chosen better company to stay there with.

• Stayed: February 2009
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cuba
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Wellsville
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express Olean
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salamanca
Best Western Plus University Inn
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany

Been to Econo Lodge Cuba? Share your experiences!