“Excellent Seafood, local feel”
Review of Ocean House

Ocean House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The place for a special occasion. On the higher side pricewise, but worth every penny. The wait staff were freindly, professional and efficient. The oysters not to be missed, we had a dozen assorted, fresh, full of the sea freshness, and a perfect Mignonette sauce - makes my mouth water even as I write this. The pan seared yellowfin tuna - worth the trip alone. A bit expensive for a regular visit, but as I said, perfect for a special meal. A smallish space but very comfortable. We sat on the bench seat against the wall and had my 88 yr. old father-in-law with us. After we were seated, our server came right back to our table with a cushion in hand, and offered it to him, so that he would be more comfortable if he had a problem with the already cushioned back of the bench. Just a really nice gesture.

There are newer reviews for Ocean House

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Excellent food and service. We really wanted shrimp scampi, but it wasn't on the menu. We asked our waitress if we could have it prepared. She asked the chef and he said yes. It was so delicious. We were so pleased with our experience at the Ocean House. Do not miss this restaurant.

1  Thank RhodamineRed
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Everything we ordered was delicious - the roasted cod was my main course. My friend had scallops that were sweet and in a light caper sauce. Wish I had tried the oysters, the selection of six different types sounded great. I will have to go back. The decor is beach-y and modern, clean and chic. They ring a ship's bell when orders are ready! No reservations are taken but if you get there early you can get a table. Then it gets quite busy!

Reviewed May 19, 2012

Drove an hour for date night based on "Best of Westchester" accolades and location.
Gave up after appetizers.
Chewy Calamari.
Uninspiring second try with the crab cakes.
The special -Steamers" was ok...but there steeamers, so its hard to mess up butter.
Passed on an entree, based on the aps. But gave a dessert a try w/ coofee-Rolled the dice.
Sweet lemon ricotta w/ a berry topping. The allure was the lemon, which the dish sorely lacked.
I would not say the place was bad and there were plenty of obvious loyal repeats, but I would give the food this evening no more than a 6.5.
The wait staff, however were really attentive and pleasant and the food was delivered in a timely fashion.

1  Thank farfinator
Reviewed May 6, 2012

Another business trip to this lovely village allowed me to return to my perennial favorite bed and breakfast, The Alexander Hamilton House. I had heard of Ocean House from happy diners and this trip chose it to treat myself and 5 business associates, 2 of whom were staying at The Alexander Hamilton House. The restaurant is in a converted railroad car and exudes class, personal attention, and fine ingredients. As an out-of-towner I always call ahead and enquire about policies....it only makes sense...and speak to an actual person...because you never know, and clear communication will avoid later disappointment! Bring your own wine...I can't think of anything I'd change. Alexander Hamilton House host Tom was again right on the money with his recommendation of this wonderful eatery.