“Loved Alexander Hamilton House”

Alexander Hamilton House
New Jersey
Reviewed January 15, 2006

My wife and I wanted a weekend away to escape from the craziness of every day life. We found the Alexander Hamilton House to be a perfect solution. The Inn was beautiful in a beautiful area with the most hospitable Inn Keeper.

We would highly recommend it.

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

new york, ny
Reviewed January 15, 2006

The inkeepers at this B and B were so accomodating - from picking us up from the train station, showing us right to the gorgeous dam since we didn't have a car of our own with which to explore, to providing us with a plethora of information about the town, house, our room, and things to do - our one night stay at Alexander Hamilton House was so much more than we expected. Loved the Library Suite but after exploring the house, would come back again to try out the master bedroom in the attic.

• Stayed: January 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Groningen, Netherlands
Reviewed January 2, 2006

The Alexander Hamilton House is a beautiful B&B. We would highly recommend it: we stayed two nights in the Turret Room and we loved it!
Syd, the innkeepster is very cool. She made us breakfast just as we liked it and everything was possible! She can really cook; we especially loved the eggs.. She also baked us cookies when we left and arranged a shared taxi for us, because we had trouble getting to J.F.K. because of the transit strike then (we are very thankful Syd!!)
The house is like a museum, really beautiful, but with all the luxury and cleanliness you want on your holiday. We felt really at home there, and it was a relaxing stay. The house is quietly situated and there are many things to do, like visiting the Croton Dam. (where Syd took us; thanks again!) It's also a very clean place and we got plenty of fresh towels every day and even bathrobes!
In the Alexander Hamilton House you can relax and experience the beautiful scenery around the Hudson Valley, after a visit to the impressive and active city of New York without travelling far (like we did).

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 13, 2005

I stayed at the A.H. House in September while on the road for business. I needed someplace clean and quiet that was relatively close to the establishment where I was conducting a training. I Googled Croton on Hudson and found this lovely spot. I selected the least expensive room, which was a smallish room but certainly contained all that I needed. Due to a traffic problem on the Tappan Zee bridge, I ended up delaying my expected arrival by 6 hours (and arrived long after the innkeepers had retired for the day). One call to Cyd, the inkeeper's daughter and all was resolved---she gave detailed instructions on how to get inside when I arrived, and left a "welcome kit" for me for my convenience. Room was very quiet, bed was VERY comfortable, charming, but had all the modern conveniences. Can't say enough about breakfast in the morning---the inn was busy and the table was full when I came down for breakfast, so Cyd had set me up in the kitchen at the breakfast bar w/ a full plate of everything she had made---fabulous gourmet breakfast!! and the newspaper in case I wasn't feeling chatty. Although it was September, it was still quite warm and the inkeepers had kept the pool open, so I enjoyed a nice swim before departing for my next destination.
Overall a lovely experience and one I would like to repeat with my husband when it's not a business trip!

• Stayed: September 2005, traveled on business
1  Thank msheamel
San Jose CA
Reviewed November 21, 2005

Lovely little house with amusing and occasionally excentric decorations. The bed was so cosy, and the hosts were so warm and friendly. Thanks guys for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: October 2005, traveled on business
Reviewed November 17, 2005

After a delightful 4 days in Manhattan we trained to Croyton on the Hudson for three nights of peaceful bliss at the Alexander Hamilton House. After a short 1 hour trip out of Manhattan, we were in an entirely different New York. We were on the banks of the beautiful Hudson River looking across foothills of autumn color. The sun was shinning and the weather in the 70s, November 14, 2005. Awesome Autumn!

The Website for the Alexander Hamilton House gave us a good feel for what was ahead. The proprietors picked us up at the train station (3 minutes away by car) and gave us a guided tour of their home once we arrived. Baked cookies and a Victorian full of Victorian furniture and furnishings awaited us... yet very warm and welcoming ... not formal. Our very clean and wonderfully appointed room had a fireplace (with daily replenished wood). We used the fireplace every evening as we relaxed after a day full of history, long walks, and wonderful meals. Once there we walked to the bottom of the hill and rented a car. We got a discount because we were staying at the Alexander Hamilton House. The area if full of great historical tours (West Point, Washington Irving's Home, Courtland Manor, to name a few). The Alexander House gives each guest a fantastic binder full of helpful information including wonderful dinning suggestions. Excellent!

Needless to say, we had a great time...
Trained back to Grand Central Station in Manhattan, taxied to the Airport and arrived back to our home.... but we'll always remember our stay in New York - The plays, musicals, villages, people and excitement of Manhattan; followed by our peaceful, beautiful countryside get-away at the Alexander Hamilton House on the Hudson.
I recommend it.

Binghamton, NY
Reviewed November 9, 2005

My husband and I stayed at the Alexander Hamilton House this October, mainly for it's close proximity to my family's annual reunion. We were absolutely delighted with our accommodations, our hosts and the incredible beauty of the Hudson Valley. A really comfortable room and the gorgeous views of the river and foliage totally made up for a harried long weekend full of my critical relatives! Many thanks to our hosts, Cyd and Barbara, for their quick response in fixing a problem with our room's thermostat as well as their candid and witty advice about our entertainment choices in the area when we needed to blow off some steam. We will be back next year but i admit that i won't tell my family about this place...I don't want to spoil our little secret.

• Stayed: October 2005
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Tarrytown
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne

Been to Alexander Hamilton House? Share your experiences!