“Friendly and Good”

Fino Restaurante
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner
Description: Fino Restaurant in Croton-on-Hudson, NY serves gourmet Italian cuisine & homemade pasta. For great wine, food & service visit Paul Vuli's new restaurant.
Reviewed March 26, 2017 via mobile

We went to Fino early Saturday evening and the restaurant had just finished a lunch event and was still in transition for dinner. This gave us the benefit of having the room and staff to ourselves. The dining room was large and the bar area is spacious.

We met Chef Paul and were assisted by Christina with our food and drink selections. Both Chef Paul and Christina were engaging and friendly as were all the staff that we met. It is a very friendly place and appears to be kid friendly as famlies were arriving during our meal without incident.

The wine list was more than adequate and we drank wine by the bottle rather than the glass. The wine by tbe glass menu seemed reasonably priced.

We had a full meal appetizers to desert.
The menu was varied and we had mussels and a seafood salad to start. The portions were excellent. Christina suggested a half order of pasta which was also excellent.

Finally the cheesecake was great and they left the sambucca bottle on the table

All in all a very good experience
We both had veal which was excellent.

Reviewed March 15, 2017

My family took me to Fino's to celebrate my birthday. It is one of my favorite Italian restaurants. Although we have been there many times before, it is always worth another visit. We had a great meal with great service. The staff was very accommodating. They even had live music. All in all a great experience that made my birthday even better!

Reviewed September 5, 2016

We just had a delightful meal at Fino's. Nicely balanced menu with a great variety of options. Good sized portions, nice preparation with attention to detail. My friend wanted a veal piccata, which was not on the menu. They were quite happy to prepare it. I has the lobster ravioli loaded with lobster. I highly recommend Fino's. The decor is warm and inviting, makes you feel you've been somewhere. The bar has a neighborhood "Cheers" sort of feel.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

This is the second time that we have been to Vino's. We were visiting friends, who live locally, so we decided to go here for an early Sunday dinner. Wine by the glass runs $8 and a good pour; very reasonable considering this is Westchester. The four dinners ordered ranged in price from $19 to $26: Stuffed Veal w/Proscuitto & Fontina Cheese, Snapper in Light Tomato Broth, Veal Parm and Veal Milanese. Portions are very ample and 3 of us had boxes for home. Wait staff is friendly & attentive, but not intrusive. We look forward to returning! Open 7 days a week. 3-10 Mon-Sat; 1-9 on Sun.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

I had a small pasta with short ribs of beef; my dinner companion had linguine with clam sauce. Both dishes were well-prepared. A nice surprise for a local restaurant. We'll be back.