“Great breakfast”

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed August 16, 2014

One of the reasons that my husband and I like to travel to the NYC area is the diners that we have found in Westchester County.
This one was one of our favorites.
Four of us dined together and we all really enjoyed different breakfasts.
The menu selection was huge, the prices were great, the portions were perfect-sized, our service was excellent.
We look forward to going back for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

Colonial offers good diner food, but the service needs help. We were seated by a man who didn't say two words to us. One server came by and asked if we needed water, then when we said "yes", disappeared and never saw him again. Our waiter didn't seem interested in whether we ate or not.I felt like we were intruding on his time by coming in. Luckily, coming to save the day was the food. It was simple diner food, but that's what we wanted. I had a grilled cheese that was appropriately gooey and buttery, and hubby had a New York pastrami reuben, which he declared delicious. Maybe it was a bad day for the waiters, but we will take a pass next time and find someplace else.

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Food was pretty good. Nothing great but typical diner food. The service was pretty bad. Only two tables were filled and only saw the waiter for our order and to give us the check. The table cleaner filled up my water glass after he overheard me talking bad about the service. I wouldn't go out of my way for this place. If you're in the area and want diner food then this place will suffice.

1  Thank Mrk303
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Pete and his staff are great. Always feel welcome. the food is great and there is always so much I always bring home a doggy bag!

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Omelettes, waffles, French toast for breakfast. Lunch specials, dinner specials at $9.95. Can't go wrong with this diner. Food is very good and if you like brisket of beef...it's a must! Have been coming here for breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night for over 30 years.