“Great Value and Great Food”

Croton Colonial Diner
Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stopped here last night (11-9-13) before going to "Blaze". Very extensive menu and the food was fantastic. I chose the Matzo Ball Soup and Fish and Chips. No matter what you order, you will walk away full and satisfied.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

Clean and welcoming diner. Our table of 6 received excellent service: Great burgers and the kids loved the french toast and the choc. shakes ( I know what a combination...they LOVED it). A great value. I would highly recommend stopping here for a casual meal, as the place was full...mostly with locals.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We ate dinner here last night (10/13) and it was really just great. The service (other than late busing of the table) was good an they were great with our kids, ages 10 and 3. We remembered this diner from our last trip to the Hudson Valley 5 years ago and we're so glad we went back again. My 10 year old had the roast L.I. duck for $16.99 and it was huge and delicious. He loved it. My husband had a gyro and thought it was very good. I had the greek lemon soup--a specialty--and it was one of the best bowls of that stuff I've ever had. A great family place that's clean and well run. Go. Just go.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Breakfast served around the clock. Even so, chose the special of Fish and Chips with side of soup and generous lemon slices for $10. Pics uploaded.

Great value. Friendly service.

Will check out the desserts next time, made on premises.

Tip: Check out the specials on the board for good values.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Croton Colonial diner has been one of my favorite area diners since high school (20 yrs ago... *gulp*). Friendly staff, good size portions, reasonable prices. Try the specials but stay away from the fish. My favorite is the stuffed cabbage appetizer. It's enough for two meals, so plan to take some home with you!

Note: contrary to the signage by the road, they are NOT open 24 hrs and haven't been in quite some time.