“Handling money and pizza simultaneously. Gross”
Review of Capriccio II

Capriccio II
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Health code violation.. awful.I wish I could find what Health dept to complain to. Has anyone ever looked at hands uner a microscope that have handled money? CRAWLING CREATURES. . you are eating them after they hand you their pizza. I would never eat here again, I also thought the pizza was boring , only thing it had going for it , is that it was open while others were closed. no parmesan cheese avail.

1  Thank Katya m

Reviewed March 24, 2012

The food is average, I'm not sure why people like this place so much. My only guess is a lack of options really. The pizza is decent, but usually gets cold really quickly. I wouldn't mind so much if the acted like they appreciated your business instead of giving you can attitude. I've never gotten a "thank you" and most times not even a response after I thank them. They act like they are too busy and that they are being inconvenienced by placing an order. Not sure how much longer I will go. I would have gone somewhere else, if there was another place nearby.

1  Thank Melissa B
Reviewed February 14, 2012

When we visit relatives who live in Croton, the first night we usually wind up ordering something from Capriccio II, since my mother-in-law likes the place. They have a huge menu and at dinnertime the kitchen is a complete mad house. There are some seats but many people seem to prefer take-out. We always phone ahead, but our food never seems to be ready when it's supposed to be. This most recent visit, same thing again, plus we had to wait in line to find out the food wasn't ready. While we were waiting, I watched the kitchen staff. Some of the dishes seem to be very carelessly slapped together because it's so busy, and some of them were ours. Two of us ordered pizzas and both had errors in the toppings. Another ordered spaghetti and there was far too little sauce. But, go figure, the place is ALWAYS crowded. Maybe they should hire more kitchen staff to handle the crush, because they make just too many mistakes. Only once have we ordered here and gotten everything we asked for. Some of the dishes are decent, but when most of your business is take-out, extra care has to be taken to get things right because not too many people are going to be willing to come back and then wait all over again. Next time, I'll just make dinner myself no matter how tired I am from the trip.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

Watch out that you get what you ordered, that the price doesn't change at the counter, and that you get the right amount of change, before you're rushed out the door. Its the third time now in the past 2 months, that my order was botched, the pizza cold, and by time I get it home, it's too late... so be on your guard, or try another pizza place, there are plenty to choice from. A lot of hype with no care for service or the quality of food they are serving.

1  Thank Joe B
Reviewed April 10, 2011

We go there regularly. Great food, friendly service. They know us by name. All their food is good, but they have the best penne vodka I've ever had!