“NYC worthy”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 3, 2017

Hard to find a Sushi place in the Hudson Valley that does not disappoint. Samurai Sushi is the hidden gem we searched for years. Nice and clean, excellent service and outstanding sushi quality, moderately priced. Don't be fooled by the hibachi grill, these guys are truly making nice sushi.

Reviewed March 3, 2017

We are not fans of the hibachi scene, shrimp-tossing thing. Ask for a table away from the hibachi grills and order sushi or other 'traditional' cooked food -- you won't be disappointed. Impeccably fresh, beautifully prepared sushi and sashimi. Service can be hit or miss, but our server the other night didn't miss a trick, despite the restaurant being totally full and lots of tables with kids. You expect to pay for top-notch fresh fish, but our meal for 3 was quite reasonable -- about $50 per person including ample amounts of sake.

Reviewed October 23, 2016

I have been coming to Samurai for several years now since I live nearby and have a 5 year old daughter that loves both sushi and noodle type dishes. There are two sides to this restaurant, a sit down and order side and then the Hibachi tables. The first few times I came here, several years ago, we sat on the sit down side and ordered things like Udon noodles, stir fried rice and sushi dishes. Both the Udon soups and Udon stir fry are excellent, the sushi is quite decent. I usually go for the basic rolls rather than the fancy westernized rolls, although one day, many moons ago, they messed up an order to go in my favor and I got a whole bunch of fancy rolls, like spider rolls etc....and they were pretty darn tasty!
When my daughter turned 4 I decided to try the Hibachi side of the restaurant. Fantastic and entertaining! Good quality meats, aside from farmed salmon, which I steer way clear of being a former Alaskan fisherman (farming is illegal there for good reasons). The portions are pretty much way too big for humans with a normal appetite, so plan on having leftovers. When I go with my daughter, we split one hibachi dinner of her choice. It comes with soup, salad, noodles, vegetables, a choice of meats, a couple shrimp and some fruit at the end. Even splitting the meal, we always have leftovers and she eats a lot.
Moving on to service, this place is always on their game to accommodate customers, they even allow parents to split meals with the kids on Hibachi dinners, which is not their policy but come on, the meals are so big. So A+ for being cool with that! The venue is super clean, bathrooms are always clean. The nice thing is you can spend a lot of money or you can get a great meal on a budget. I meet cool people every time I go there. Currently some have become regular friends.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

This restaurant has reliable fresh and good quality sushi, attentive service, and a nice and cozy atmosphere. The hibachi menu is good quality and the tables are fun too. We have ordered from all parts of the menu and always enjoyed our meal. They have a hibachi table in the back room for birthday parties, which we did this year, and the kids had a great time. The adults sat a regular table and ordered off the non-hibachi menu.

Reviewed April 22, 2016

This restaurant has changed hands a few times in the last decade and is finally excellent. The decor is not overdone and the food and service are excellent. If you happen to be in Croton Point Park for any event, this is a great choice near-by.