“The Super Great Jack O Lantern Blaze!”

Van Cortlandt Manor
More attraction details
Owner description: Explore the stone manor house and brick ferry house, wander through the heritage gardens, and stroll down a quiet country road along the Croton River. There, you'll experience the domestic life of a patriot family living in the years just after the American Revolution - the New Nation period. Site is open for tours on weekends during July and August. Property also hosts the popular events LIGHTSCAPES in the spring and the Great Jack O'Lantern Blaze in the fall.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My family and friends have been going to this event for the past 5 years. We would not miss it. Every year is just as amazing as the last. Great family outing for all ages!! The pumpkins are pure eye candy and the atmosphere really gets you in the mood for Halloween. We drive 1.5 hours and it's worth. We make a night of it - have dinner nearby (lots of choices) then head to the blaze. You must order tickets early late Aug/early Sept especially if you want a Fri or Sat night. Dinner reservation at local restaurants for blaze nights are also a must! Highly recommend anyone to go...it's spectacular!!!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was truly a wonderful experience, and yes this can be done in the rain. The crowd moved appropriately, and the sound effects as well as the scenery were spectacular adding to the whole effect of the experience. We were unable to attend 2 years in a row related to scheduling dilemma's, however, this was our first wonderful year, and we plan on continuing our experience with our children in the future.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We traveled to the Hudson Valley recently for a getaway and purchased tickets for this event. We were truly blown away by this place and displays! The artistry is incredible and it was truly a fun and memorable experience. Yes there are crowds and yes some of the pumpkins are manufactured....but it doesn't matter! It Is magic and it instantly throws you into the Halloween spirit! It is truly a happy place. LOVE IT. (And I'm hard to impress!)

Reviewed October 16, 2013

My only experience with the Van Cortlandt Manor was at the Great Jack o'Lantern Blaze this year (2013). We purchased tickets many months in advance, my husband, son (5yrs) and myself drove 2.5 hours to see it! I'm happy to report it was amazing. I can't believe that they carve that many pumpkins, and the fact that they are carved into shapes and forms just amazes me. We had a 7:30 slot, got there about 15 min early and got right into the line. It took a good 45 minutes from that point to actually get to where we hand our tickets over and start seeing these pumpkins. I have a lot of patience, but my son doesn't. He was actually well behaved because there was alot going on to keep his attention, and once inside the 'tent' you move fairly quickly. The line was somewhat of a problem, only because i hate them...and the people who take photos are annoying because they dont' realize you need to turn your flash off, so it was getting a bit stopped up at the beginning, but after we made it past the Manor House it opened up and we could enjoy strolling along and enjoying the scenes of pumpkins. My favorite parts were the beehive with little bees, and the Ghosts/Spirits around a fire...they looked very spooky, and it was neat to see how they did that! My son loved the dinosaurs, i was so happy they had them...we waited 1.5 hours to finally get there (they were at the end) so that was very nice for him! All in all, we won't make this a yearly tradition, but maybe in a few years we'd go again...since its updated yearly. I'm glad we went, and got to experience it!!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

HOLY COW!!! 5,000-6,000 custom carved pumpkins in a wide array of shapes, characters and posses. Fake or real, it was very impressive. I have to agree, sometimes the way the crowd moved did feel cramped and un organized, but given that small inconvenience, the splendor of the display is something to behold. If you like Christmas lights and displays, you are certainly going to like this.