“Nice place”

Cranberry Lake Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cranberry Lake
Cranberry Lake Lodge
Success, Missouri
“Nice place”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

This is our favorite place to stay in the winter! We usually come here once a year to snowmobile. Most of the time there is snow but, even if there isn't any, we still have a great time. Staff is very friendly, helpful, and efficient. The "apartment" room is just right for everyone to gather, visit, eat, play games, etc. We also like the restaurant & bar, usually have good food & service. Only bad things are low quality towels & toilet paper, no paper towels/plates in kitchen, bathroom is not super clean (my pet peeve), and they need fans in the bathrooms. Otherwise, I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Sydney
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Happened across Cranberry Lake Lodge on our drive through the area towards Vermont.

For $67.00 including tax, we were pleasantly surprised. The room was 'log cabin-ish' - it was clean and tidy. Had a microwave and fridge too as well as free wifi. (no mobile reception though).

Comfy bed, quiet area. Having read the reviews about the Manager, we found her to be okay. Not the friendliest, but she answered our questions.

Got a takeaway from the restaurant/bar next door. It was average (parmesan chicken pasta and a seafood pasta).

Overall this is as good a place as any to stop for a night or two. Its right on the lake and there is a boat hire place right there.

If I was back in the area, I'd stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank kramer51b
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed August 6, 2011

My husband and I were on to our way to Main and needed a place to stay on the way. I am so glad I checked Trip advisor for a hotel and found this place! We had a room on the bottom floor with a view of the lake. It doesn't look like much from the outside but when you go in to your room you would think you were in a log cabin! It was beautiful, clean and the people were very friendly. The night with tax was only $99.00 unreal! The Restaurant/Bar is just across the parking lot. We both ordered the broiled haddock and it was fabulous! We will be going back.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Upstate New York
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Checked in after eating in the attached restaurant (service and food were good!). After reading reviews about the manager, we were expecting dismissive, somewhat rude service at the front desk and... that is just what we got. She seemed very irritated that she had to take our money and give us a key to a room in her lodge. The room had no air conditioning. Don't know if there was a/c and it didn't work or if there just was no a/c period. We went down to the front desk and found the manager in the bar. I asked if we were doing something wrong as the "a/c" unit on the wall was putting out heat and it was almost 90 degrees in the room. She told us "Oh, it's just the pilot light." So... is there air? Can you fix it? What do we do? Not an answer to any question. We slept with the window open, fan on and left as soon as the sun came up.
The bartender was great, the location is perfect. Great deck and marina if you want to rent a boat. Lots of hiking, but no competition in the lodging business allows for the lack of service at this place.

Room Tip: Ask about air conditioning before check in.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank LAtoNY
Malta, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2011

There has been a lot of renovations at this Cranberry Lake Lodge. The rooms have been remodeled and are a whole lot better now then they ever were. This is a very nice place. Looking out over the lake from the bar, is a beautiful view of the mountain chain on the south end of the lake. Jean the manager and her staff have worked hard to get this place to where it is today. Ashley is a very experienced bartender and does work hard to serve people when the place is jammed full. I have been coming here for years and I do have to say that he lodge has more to offer now then it ever had. There are improvements still going on.

Room Tip: They are better now than they ever were.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank mikeeddy
Colton, New York
Reviewed May 9, 2011

My family tries to make it a point to get to Lodge for drinks and dinner on Fridays, our meal was not up to par then we discovered much to our disappointment the head chef was taking some time off. If anyone is planning a trip, I advise you to call ahead before you make the drive.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Cohoes, New York
Reviewed October 27, 2010

This is the second year in a row we stayed at the Cranberry Lake Lodge. Last year we stayed in one of their efficiencies for one night. At check-in, the Manger was very rude and unfriendly, the kitchen was closed and our room was freezing cold (no heat at all). We arrived late and so the Lodge had already closed. With no one to talk to about the problem, we decided to run the shower using the steam for heat. We left the next day hours before the Lodge reopened. We just chalked it up as another snowmobile story to share with our friends.

This year (February 2010) we decided to stay there again only this time we stayed in the Lodge not an efficiency. We arrived at 7:30 pm on sleds after riding for 10 hours to reach our destination and once again, the Manager Jean Burrows seemed very put out by our arrival. After checking in, we were informed the kitchen was once again closed. Our rooms were a complete mess, everything was nasty. It lacked towels, coffee and cups. We decided to help ourselves to things in the linen closet which was just across the hall from our room. It looked as if the door to the closet had previously been pried opened by others.

The next morning we went to the Diner across the street for breakfast and met up with some other people who were staying at the Cranberry Lake Lodge. Everyone we talked to shared the same sentiments – the rooms were filthy and lacked supplies. After breakfast we left the Diner at around 8:30 am and rode the trails until 9:00 pm. Upon returning to our rooms we found only one of the three rooms had any housekeeping done – and by housekeeping, I mean they made the bed.

I went to the sign-in desk and was instructed to fill out a written complaint and leave my phone number. The gentleman I talked to told me that the Manager was not available and someone would call me back. As of today, I’m still waiting for that call.

There is no other Lodge in that particular area, so people traveling through there are stuck staying there. Perhaps if there was some competition, the Management at Cranberry Lake Lodge would be little more congenial to its quests and take better care of the place.

We’re use to roughing it, so we didn’t expect anything spectacular. A simple smile or a friendly hello would have been nice.

I’m writing this primarily for all future visitors who plan on staying there. If you haven’t stayed there before, don’t expect much, or simply, consider staying somewhere else

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank bo0529

Travelers are raving about these Cranberry Lake hotels

Been to Cranberry Lake Lodge? Share your experiences!