“Great place”

Julianna's American Bistro
Cuisines: American
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Great place”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

This restaurant is a converted old school house. It has a great atmosphere and great food. The menu has an ala carte section where you can choose your protein with whatever sides you want.. For dessert you must try their home made ice cream it is the best . The wait staff are courteous and very pleasant. Definitely will go back and will recommend this place to friends and family

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Martha B

Florida
“don't judge this restaurant”
Reviewed December 24, 2013

by my review. I will give this place another shot only because. I am encouraged by my friends' previous good experience, and commments read here and on Yelp. The place is situated in the woods, and has a pubbyhomey-feel I liked. They had a price fixed menu of $ 30 .. , but the reg menu is limited. most entrees are over $ 20. The cheapest chardonnay on menu was $ 11. I asked if they had a house one, which was not listed.. they did, it was $ 8. it was ok. There are small things on the menu if you are watching the budget but you can end up spending here if you don't want to order them or if you like a few cocktails.. I ordered cavitelli with maranara sauce and chicken ..around $ 20. a disappointing dish.. the portion was large, I may not eat my leftovers unless I do something dramatic to them. we had the truffle fries, yummy ..very salty. . they arrived however, after dinner as the waitress forgot until we asked about them. someone had the trout and liked it ..lighly breaded.., comments on the rib eye was not tender enough.. salad with goat cheese was good and the sweet potatoe soup was good.. those who ordered ice cream were happy with the quality.

We had 5:30 res for 8 senior citizens. We were there for over 3 hours and it wasn't because they were drinking, or whooping it up. The kitchen screwed up the timing so badly that the guest 'of honor' an 86 yr old birthday girl, was absolutely obnoxious with her irritation and wanted everyone to know it. The waitress ignored this hostility which was smart but the damage was done.. and in truth, The blame for this huge delay , I believe started with the waitress .. . then the kitchen, and possibly management at understandably not being able to predict quantity of business.. . It was a Monday pre Christmas, People who arrived after us.ate before us.one person in our party..sat with her soup and salad for almost an hour waiting for everyone elses food to arrive . the waitress mistakenly held up the orders in the kitchen for the entire group as my she 'finished her appetizers' which was supposed to have been her main course.. She asked for some gorgonola cheese for the salad as she didn't like the goat.. a teentsy amount arrived. We were all starving. the bread on the table is soft white bread with some sesame seeds on the edges.. and miniscule amounts of olive oil ( unseasoned)) and butter.. I couldn't believe it.. Skip this, not worth the calories. . The waitress is a favorite judging by other tables responses to her, . The busboy was attentive. The evening was not a success I IF such a thing happened at a better restaurant for example a quality controlled Bonefish Grill.. there would have been a manager there,and complimentary somethings. However, the diff is, I don't believe it would happen at a better restaurant..
Juliannas may be suffering from growing pains. They are advertising on restaurant .com and I read also groupon? if they can't accomodate the business they generate, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

• Visited December 2013
Arlington Heights, Illinois
“Literally a hidden gem”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We would have never found this place if there hadn't been a Groupon I randomly stumbled upon. We live only 5 minutes away, but because this place is quite literally in the woods, I'm not sure we would have ever learned about it!

Yes, the thai calamari is as amazing as everyone says. The grilled brie sandwich is also great, as is the butternut squash ravioli they offer in the Fall. My husband and I generally prefer sharing small plates, and the recent revamp of their menu offers lots of those. It's also nice that each night, they offer tons of specials. (I typically don't even order off the menu, and end up getting a couple of the those each time!) Ian, who has been our waiter everytime we've gone, is fantastic.

There are only a few things that keep us from going to Julianna's more regularly...
-Beer selection is relatively limited, if you're a big beer person.
-Ambiance is very quaint and cozy, but sometimes you want a little more romance. This isn't someplace you go to cozy up with your partner, even if the food is so amazing it makes you want to! The setting is wide open, with individual wooden tables with 2 or 4 chairs.
-Prices are a tiny bit on the high side to make this a regular place, but definitely well worth it every once in awhile!

If you're undecided, definitely go. The quality is top-notch, and it's very cool to eat in the middle of the woods!

• Visited January 2013
Cortlandt Manor
“Among our Favorite Local Places”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Tried take-out for first time…have always enjoyed dining here with friends.

For take-out, tried BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwich, grilled chicken triple-decker sandwich, and roasted chicken with veggies. Especially enjoyed the Pulled-port Sandwich.

Some updates: Now open 7-days a week for dinner plus Sunday Brunch. Glad to see business has improved

Tip: A fine Captain Lawrence Pale Ale, Draft, for $6

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank AisleSeat01
Cortlandt Manor, New York
“always wonderfully tasty!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

interesting menu items and specials and always willing to modify for dietary concerns! And the service is always special too!

Visited May 2013