“What a shame”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This place has taken a steady nose dive over the last 6 months. Everything from portion size to wait staff. The bartender is a mess. The place needs an overhaul. I was really impressed when we first started going there and was able to look past a lot of things because the food was that good I cannot recommend this place any longer.

There are newer reviews for Julianna's American Bistro

Reviewed August 15, 2012

We went to this restaurant to purchase a gift certificate for a family as a gift and decied to stay for dinner. We were thoroughly unimpressed with the food and the atmosphere is terrible. The carpeting is filthy and this restaurant is in serious need of a major renovation. It was a Friday night and it looked like a week night inside - very few tables were occupied. The staff is very pleasant but the food is not impressive at all. The spicy calamari appetizer had sauce right out of a bottle. The lamb bolognese was unimpressive. I would skip this restaurant there are plenty of excellant choice near by!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I will admit that I went with a Groupon to this restaurant recently having eaten there before. The food was fine but nothing special. All the reviews of the spicy calamari were so good that we tried it but although it was crispy I didn't think it tasted like anything unique. It tasted like fried calamari with bottled thai chili sauce spooned on top. I had an ahi tuna sandwich that was a special. It had nice flavor with the spicy slaw on top but the slighly stale roll overwhelmed all and I couldn't really taste anything unless I removed some of the bread. My husband did like his steak frites very much though. The bread on the table was warm but not had no taste and I watched them remove it from plastic bags from the supermarket; not worthy of a nice restaurant.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

Julianna's staff is friendly and tries to make your experience positive. The decor is somewhat lackluster for the price but not terrible. The food is decent/mediocre but certainly not value for value. Thai chili calamari was decent although a bit on the spicy side. Their signature dish of seafood mac and cheese was passable but lacked brightness. Needed lemon zest, basil, lemon thyme, something to pick it up, Poorly presented in a plain white heavy bowl that you might feed your dog from, not a $25 dish,. Lamb burger was plain, tasteless and dry. Add some Ras-El-Hanout and yogurt sauce and it will be worth $14. The wine list was a joke for a restaurant at this level. Nothing worth drinking, merlot was served hot (the day was 90 degrees), obviously they do not know how to store wine, My guess is they survive on the locals (we are) because it is an easy drive. Those scoring this restaurant high must not know good food from dog food. Overall, a passable but not noteworthy visit, we will not be back despite our drive being 5 minutes or less.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

We dine here about four times per month. Food is good as is the wine. Lamb burgers are our favorite! Sunday brunch before golf is a real treat for us.