“rude awakening”

Reviewed June 23, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2015

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Reviewed June 13, 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 12, 2014

I can't believe this place even stays open. It's a dirty dump. I didn't want to spend the extra to stay at the Hampton and I should have. We had two rooms here and they were both filthy but we arrived here later at night so had no choice but to stay. The beds were comfortable (or we were really tired). There was actually mold in a new cup, how does that even happen? The furnishings need updating but they weren't ugly, just dirty. Especially the bathroom. No elevators and the common areas are all very hot. They did give us 20% off when I complained but still not worth it

Room Tip: Chose a room at any other hotel
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time, to share your experience at our hotel. I’m very sorry that your stay was not enjoyable . We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and we didn’t do that for you, our staff does their very best to make each guest feel like family.
Our mission is to make sure that every guest that stays with us gets a clean room and receives great service. I’m sorry we didn’t provide you with that experience.
Based on your response there were many things wrong with your stay and I’m very sorry that happened. We are going thought some major changes with the housekeeping staff and I can assure you that, things will be different if you were willing to give us another opportunity.
We know that you have a choice in hotels and we were delighted that you choose ours. I hope that you will accept my apology and give us another opportunity.

If I can be of any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Tanya Maggs
Ramada Cortland General Manager

Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was looking forward to stay at the Ramada, as I have never had a bad experience. However, immediately upon entering the lobby, I was disappointed, and had it not been for the fact that all of our families where staying at the hotel, I would have left. The hotel is dreary, dirty, and just plain tired looking. The lobby has a water fall upon entry but is surrounded by plastic ugly plants, not appealing at all. The pool is immediately behind the entrance and so questionable that I would not allow my son to swim in the pool. The rooms where just dull, the bedspreads were dirty and the thought of clean animal towels sitting on the dirty bedspreads was unpleasant. This being said, we slept well, but were happy that we were only staying one night. With several new hotels within close proximity, I am certain not to visit this Ramada again. The service was well below standard, and we were kept waiting while two employees were taking reservations on the phone. Moreover, the employees were very dis-shelved and frankly, I felt like I was staying at an hour by hour motel.

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time, to share your experience at our hotel. I’m very sorry that your r stay was not enoyable. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and we didn’t do that for you, our staff does their very best to make each guest feel like family.
Our mission is to make sure that every guest that stays with us gets a clean room and receives great service. I’m so sorry we didn’t provide you with that experience.
Based on your response there were many things opportunities for improvement, with your stay and I’m so very sorry that happened. We are going thought some major changes with the housekeeping staff and I can assure you that, And I will talk to the front desk supervisor about the appearance for the front desk agents, we do have a dress code and I will look in to why the look so worn out. Things will be different if you are willing to give us another opportunity.

Tanya Maggs