“This is a nice average hotel. Good restaurant, friendly...”

Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Cuyahoga Falls
“This is a nice average hotel. Good restaurant, friendly...”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is a nice average hotel. Good restaurant, friendly staff, quiet rooms. No frills, but clean. Our beds were terrible though. We've stayed here before, and the beds weren't great, but this last visit, the beds were terrible.
The hotel gives us a wonderful military rate, but not having a good bed makes us question if it's worth staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about our hotel. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and most of the time it is our staff as the reason why. Our restaurant the crown city steakhouse is very good, I know I’m partial but we have hand cut steaks and home made soup and that extra fresh feeling people are looking for. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you choose ours. We hope to see you again soon!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Ramada Cortland General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Windsor, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed May 12, 2013

When I got there, the hotel was fine, a little outdated but clean. I even has a towel animal on the bed. There are 2 building an I was in the detached building. it was quiet and I had an end room. There were college sports teams staying but never heard a thing. In the AM, I decided to color my hair before I picked up my daughter from college. I put the dye in, waited and went to shower. I turned the shower on and it was ice cold. I waited and it didn't warm up. I had to put my head under freezing water to rinse the dye out. It was very unpleasant. After a long cold rinse it was finally out. My whole body never got showered. When I checked out I told the front dest woman. She said sometimes because my room was on the end, the hot water runs out when it gets to the end room and a lot of people were showering. It was 645a when I was trying to shower so there were prob not a lot of people showering, the dining room was empty. Overall a fair place to stay but the lack of hot water kind of ruined stay. I must add the bed was very comfy. Would I stay again, probably not.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay and make it right. Please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting more from a place that charges $129/night for a room. The room smelled very musty, yet had clean comfortable bedding. You can tell the hotel is old bc the wallpaper is thinning, peeling back from the walls and there are water marks in the ceiling. The bathroom shower was a bit dirty with stained marks...just a bit of elbow grease will get that off. The doors to each room seem very weak and if a strong person wanted, could most likely just shove themself through the doors! The restaurant was pretty good as well, but charging for the breakfast buffett with an already overpriced hotel room just seemed a bit tacky. If I come to town again I'll most likely choose another hotel for the cleanliness and smell factor. Overall, this hotel was just ok.

Stayed May 2013

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is your basic economy hotel. We paid $120/nt. The rooms are pretty basic, two beds, small fridge. There is an indoor pool. Staff is friendly. You can get a breakfast buffet which has the typical omelets, eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles, cereal for $8.99. There is a very small gym with 3 pieces of equipment, a treadmill, elliptical & bike. Elliptical needed servicing. The hotel is located right off the highway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comment about our hotel

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and most of the time it is our staff as the reason why..

I’m very glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful, please know I will pass your positive comments along to the entire staff. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!