“You almost get what you pay for”

Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cortland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I and my family had stayed at the Ramada on Jan. 4-5th of this year. I am pleased to say our stay were very satisfying. The breakfast were very fresh and delicious. The rooms were very clean, and the pool felt very relaxing. We loved everything about the hotel. My children and my husband enjoyed the videos games in the pool room. I loved the pool, myself. And the children did also. I give this hotel a 10. The only problem was I had saw some small ants in the corner of the room, underneath the ironing board, next to the front door of my room i had stayed in. The ants were eating on the french fry, my son had drop there on the floor, other then that, we had enjoyed the hotel. I and my family will come back this summer to stay there. RAMADA, way to go. Thank you again, for the excellent service.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor, was very peaceful and quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comment about our hotel

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and I would like to thank you for the information you provided, I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please know that your concerns will be addressed. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and glad to hear that you will.

The pool is a nice little place to getaway and relax even if its just for an hour or too. The pool is heated to 85 degrees year round, so even though there is snow all around us its nice to just slip in to the pool and relax. I’m very glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Tanya Maggs
Ramada Cortland General Manager
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We purchased the all inclusive package for New Years 2013. Dinner was great ballroom looked amazing; kudos to the staff. We had a King room on the second floor we were able to check-in early and I am very picky so I immediately looked the room over. The only issue (and 1st reason for 4 stars) I had was a hair in the bathtub and the need for new toilets and stained drains...... they are pretty stained from the hard water in Cortland. The room was basically clean. As the day went on.. I noticed it getting cold... so I went to turn up the heat and found out the heater was blowing cool air only. So, we called the front desk and they sent someone up from housekeeping to look at the heater. She confirmed it was broke and called and switched us to another room on the same floor 241 I think. She actually helped us move all of our belongings and there was quite a few due to the snacks etc.. The second room was nice as well pretty much identical to the first.. I do have an issue and 2nd the reason I gave 4 stars... the toilet ran all night... and then stopped filling, we finally had to take the take lid off and jockey the float which were held in by a loose piece of wood???? So other than that it was nice stay. I LOVED the pillows and would love to own one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and I would like to thank you for the information you provided, I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please know that your concerns will be addressed.We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and most of the time it is our staff as the reason why.

I’m very glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful, please know I will pass your positive comments along to the entire staff. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Tanya Maggs