“RAMADA for New Years 2013”

Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Syracuse, New York
“RAMADA for New Years 2013”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We purchased the all inclusive package for New Years 2013. Dinner was great ballroom looked amazing; kudos to the staff. We had a King room on the second floor we were able to check-in early and I am very picky so I immediately looked the room over. The only issue (and 1st reason for 4 stars) I had was a hair in the bathtub and the need for new toilets and stained drains...... they are pretty stained from the hard water in Cortland. The room was basically clean. As the day went on.. I noticed it getting cold... so I went to turn up the heat and found out the heater was blowing cool air only. So, we called the front desk and they sent someone up from housekeeping to look at the heater. She confirmed it was broke and called and switched us to another room on the same floor 241 I think. She actually helped us move all of our belongings and there was quite a few due to the snacks etc.. The second room was nice as well pretty much identical to the first.. I do have an issue and 2nd the reason I gave 4 stars... the toilet ran all night... and then stopped filling, we finally had to take the take lid off and jockey the float which were held in by a loose piece of wood???? So other than that it was nice stay. I LOVED the pillows and would love to own one!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comment about our hotel

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us and I would like to thank you for the information you provided, I can assure you that we will use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Please know that your concerns will be addressed.We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and most of the time it is our staff as the reason why.

I’m very glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful, please know I will pass your positive comments along to the entire staff. We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Tanya Maggs
Ramada Cortland General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I arrived at the hotel, from the outside the curtins looked very shabby. I decided to check in and look at the room before I brought my luggage in. Thank God I did! The room was cold, so I immediately went to the window to turn on the heat and I noticed a lot of dead bugs along the window sill. I proceeded to move the curtin and 3 roaches scattered in different direction. I immediatly went back to the front desk and they refunded my money. Remember the saying for every one roach you see there are 100 hiding!

Room Tip: Keep your luggage in the car until you check out the cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.

I would like to let you know that we have not found any roach’s here at the Ramada, and the day you came back to the desk and informed us of what had happened, I can assure you that anytime anyone reports seeing any kind of bug, we do a full investigation. We close down the room until the local pest control company arrives to investigate the claim for that room and the rooms around it. We have had our pest control company investigate that room, and it was found that there were no living bugs of any kind found in the room. We don’t want bugs anymore than you want to see them. They are uninvited guest and we do what is necessary to treat the rooms every month & any other time it is needed

Again, I’m sorry your experience was so unpleased with us but thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Tanya Maggs