“family weekend”

Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Thank you Tanya. The breakfast was a convenient addition for our stay. The rate was great for being unemployed.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comment about our hotel

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful. All of our staff including myself, here at the Ramada is truly care about every guest how stays with us. I’m so glad you came back and gave us another opportunity. I’m also happy to help any way I can. I’m so very glad that this stay was so wonderful.

We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again soon!

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

It was a pleasant experience. We only needed a quick stay over while doing cokllege visits in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Reviewed September 28, 2012

Hi,

Last visit we felt the cleanliness was less than acceptable. We responed to the survey stating that and Tanya Maggs the general manager contacted us to discount our stay so we would try again.
She was so nice and we received top shelf treatment. We even got a call from the desk asking if the room was acceptable. We booked the suite and it was perfect.
The breakfast is the best in town too. The chef preparing the omlets is talented and
nice. Will always choose cortland ramada when visiting my son at college. It is the best value and the best stay. Thanks,

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful. All of our staff including my self, here at the Ramada is truly care about every guest how stays with us. I’m so glad you came back and gave us another opportunity. The suite that you stayed in is one of my favorite rooms we have. I’m so very glad that this stay was so wonderful.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The lobby is dark, there is no longer an elevator lugging an infant, toddler and all that goes along with them was more of a hassle then it was worth. the pool area is extremely slippery almost fell holding my almost 3 month old. they have a little tykes slide for kids to go down into the 3 ft water very unsafe. not enough lighting in there either. no free breakfast. overall very disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Booked a non-smoking room for the family and given a room with very strong smell of cigarettes. Had to ask for three times for a baby crib and wait for an hour before it was actually provided. Rooms and corridors were dirty and rundown looking.Didn't feel like other Ramadas at all, more like a one star motel room.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel had several bridal party staying at the hotel that weekend. Upon arriving at my room I passed by several rooms and people who were enjoying themselves more than usual. They were boisterous and disrespectful, after closing the door to my room I knew that that situation would only exacerbate as the evening progressed. I returned to the front desk and requested a room change. They gladly changed my room and reissued new card keys, the room stated on the front was 183 but they told me 283. I arrived at 283 and the keys did not work, I called the front desk to confirm that the room was 283 and explained that the card keys did not work. A lovely maintenance man came within 3 minutes to take care of the problem. He took the keys back to be reprogrammed and slipped them under the door so he would not have to bother me any further. Besides this hiccup in my reservation I was pleased with the hotel. My daughter goes to Cortland State and this has always been our hotel of choice when we visit. I love how housekeeping makes animals out of the towels and makes sure you have plenty of towels and toiletries. The beds are very very comfortable and they supply many pillows which are comfortable to sleep on. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, safe place to stay I would recommend the Ramada for your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The property has seen better days. We stayed in Section A. While the room was very quiet, no one was anywhere around us. The surface of a number of hallway doors were rippling, i.e. the surface of the door was warping away from the interior composite materials, probably from excess humidity. Carpeting was at the end of its useful lifetime. The building just gave the impression of being stale and tired. It will take a major investment by management to bring the facility up to the usual standards that Ramada displays at other properties around the nation.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family