“It was better as a Holiday Inn”

Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed September 28, 2012

The lobby is dark, there is no longer an elevator lugging an infant, toddler and all that goes along with them was more of a hassle then it was worth. the pool area is extremely slippery almost fell holding my almost 3 month old. they have a little tykes slide for kids to go down into the 3 ft water very unsafe. not enough lighting in there either. no free breakfast. overall very disappointed.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Booked a non-smoking room for the family and given a room with very strong smell of cigarettes. Had to ask for three times for a baby crib and wait for an hour before it was actually provided. Rooms and corridors were dirty and rundown looking.Didn't feel like other Ramadas at all, more like a one star motel room.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

The hotel had several bridal party staying at the hotel that weekend. Upon arriving at my room I passed by several rooms and people who were enjoying themselves more than usual. They were boisterous and disrespectful, after closing the door to my room I knew that that situation would only exacerbate as the evening progressed. I returned to the front desk and requested a room change. They gladly changed my room and reissued new card keys, the room stated on the front was 183 but they told me 283. I arrived at 283 and the keys did not work, I called the front desk to confirm that the room was 283 and explained that the card keys did not work. A lovely maintenance man came within 3 minutes to take care of the problem. He took the keys back to be reprogrammed and slipped them under the door so he would not have to bother me any further. Besides this hiccup in my reservation I was pleased with the hotel. My daughter goes to Cortland State and this has always been our hotel of choice when we visit. I love how housekeeping makes animals out of the towels and makes sure you have plenty of towels and toiletries. The beds are very very comfortable and they supply many pillows which are comfortable to sleep on. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable, safe place to stay I would recommend the Ramada for your stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comment about our hotel

We know you have a choice in hotels and we are delighted that you chose ours. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The property has seen better days. We stayed in Section A. While the room was very quiet, no one was anywhere around us. The surface of a number of hallway doors were rippling, i.e. the surface of the door was warping away from the interior composite materials, probably from excess humidity. Carpeting was at the end of its useful lifetime. The building just gave the impression of being stale and tired. It will take a major investment by management to bring the facility up to the usual standards that Ramada displays at other properties around the nation.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 24, 2012

everyone was very friendly. the food in restaurant was really good and at a great price the servers at dinner and breakfast were really good

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

As a valued guest, your feedback is very important to us. I am glad to know that your time spent with us was so wonderful. Yes all of our staff here at the Ramada is wonderful, they truly care about every guest how stays with us.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Just had an excellent 3 day experience along with my friends. On our arrival, Katy greeted us with a warm smile and a welcome. Rooms were available for early checkin which was perfect for our small group of bikers after a 200 mile ride. The rooms were clean, up to date, with a flat screen tv and all the expected amenities in the bathroom. They were well serviced every day.

The restaurant and bar also met all our needs. A great value breakfast buffet included an omelet station (with the omelet guru in charge), waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, plenty of bacon, home fries, etc. Michelle (I hope I got this name right) served us well every morning. The one dinner we had was very good served by the very friendly and attentive Ashley.

Last but not least was our great bartender Mark, who was very friendly and made some delicious drinks. He also shared some of his bartending secrets on how to make a great Manhatten. The bar had a jukebox and pool table that got good use from out group.

I was a little hesitant to book our small group after reading the mixed reviews. However, I was very pleasantly surprised. Overall, it exceeded my expectations, a great value. We are going to try to make this an annual experience.

Room Tip: Upstairs by the B door worked well for us.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

I’m so glad that you did take a chance on us and that you had such a wonderful experience with us. Our staff is wonderful and treats every guest with the respect they deserver. Our bartender Mark is a wonderful man and is an amazing person he loves to get the know every guest how comes in and here their story, he truly cares. And Katy has worked with us for many years and always has a smiling face and a positive attitude. She is a staple at the front desk and she is a please to work with. Please know that I will share your comments with all of the my co- workers here at the Ramada!

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Warm Wishes

Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for one night. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. Tim Horton's is right around the corner which for us is a definite plus. They don't let you check in befor 3 pm so don't even try. The parking lot was empty yet none of the rooms were clean by 130 pm?

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

We do let guest check in before 3:00 pm if there are rooms ready but we would rather make sure the rooms are cleaned right before sending guest to them. Also our check out time is noon so the guest in the room, the night before have until noon to check out and we let them take there time, we don’t rush them out just because we have a full house again the next night. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in there work and what to make sure the room is clean and fresh for every guest, so that does take time to clean the rooms. So yes our check in time is 3:00 pm but if we have rooms to check you in to, we will check you in early. If we don’t we are sorry.

Warm Wishes