See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 30, 2011

Fine except indoor pool was not heated. And even in July was too cold.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay. I veru sorry that the pool saw not up heated correctly, we try to keep the pool water at 85 degrees year round.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed here because all of the hotels in Ithaca were booked. Upon arrival, we met two different worlds. There was a rather elegant water fountain in the lobby of the hotel, yet right besides the fountain lies a huge dent on the wall. When we went to the front desk, the service was indifferent to say the best. Even with a very nice restaurant attached to the hotel, the desk clerk had an attitude problem that you would see at a lower end hotel.

The rooms were very nice. Upon arrival, we were met with a very cute dog made from the bath towels AND a brown bag filled with treats!! From dried cranberries to a razor, the brown bag really added a homely feel to the whole experience. In addition, the bathroom amenities were superb. The house cleaning staff gave us more items than we needed which really impressed us.

So aside from the front desk, this hotel was pretty nice. I highly recommend it over many of the ugly motels that we saw.driving to the Ramada.

Room Tip: There are two buildings: The main building and the secondary building. The main building has rooms around the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank rwskiller

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about our hotel. I am very surprised by your comments concerning the staff in both the front desk, not our normal feedback. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and most of the time it is our staff as the reason why.

I know that the housekeepers take great pride in there towel dogs, and we are very glad that we could make you feel so at home.

I would love the opportunity to talk with you about your stay specifics and make right your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel and share your experience.
I appreciate you taking the time to bring to my attention your stay and I invite you back again to give us another chance to wow you with our hospitality!

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I booked this stay through the leading, don't-see-the-name-til-you've-paid online website. It was grouped with other hotels I've also used in Cortland, but the Ramada was NOT on par with them at all.
First impression on walking in: damp! Musty smell, discolored ceiling tiles/stucco. Closer inspection: tired. Customer phone at front desk were held together with tape, armrests of wing-back chair in LOBBY were stained.
The window of the first room I was given looked out on a post-apocalyptic, decrepit ballroom strewn with litter and apathy. The second room was better, cleaner, but the carpet felt damp underfoot and the A/C smelled of mildew whenever the condenser cycled off.
This place clearly has a moisture problem, from the roof, the ground, or both. It is either a nightmare for the owner or he is unaware or just chooses to forge on painting over discolored ceilings and blasting the A/C to try keep the rooms from rotting.
The staff (front desk, 1 cleaning staff) were very friendly. Made the experience somewhat bearable.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Marcusiologist

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The humidity was very high, most likely due to our proximity to the pool. There is no elevator on the premises, so plan accordingly. The staff seemed dis-interested and were not friendly.

1  Thank JPBig
ramadacortland, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Ramada Cortland

Reviewed July 19, 2011

If I could give this a zero star I would.
First pulled up to 2 police cars dealing with a brawl. Checked into rm which had a horrible smell which we realized was urine.......(pet or person, who knows....) Went back to try and get a room change- they only had one rm available that was not in the front section of the hotel (which they said we wouldn't want cause it was basically like trying to sleep in a boom box-the place was shaking). The available rm only had one bed (we reserved 2) but we decided to sleep 3 in a single rather than sleep with the urine.
The new rm smelled fine but the carpet was covered in pet hair and by the next morning my allergies were so bad (I have a cat allergy) i could barely breathe.
There was NOTHING good about this place- it wasn't even cheap!
Ramada has ruined their rep with me- I will never trust/stay in a Ramada again.