See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 7, 2011

I booked this stay through the leading, don't-see-the-name-til-you've-paid online website. It was grouped with other hotels I've also used in Cortland, but the Ramada was NOT on par with them at all.
First impression on walking in: damp! Musty smell, discolored ceiling tiles/stucco. Closer inspection: tired. Customer phone at front desk were held together with tape, armrests of wing-back chair in LOBBY were stained.
The window of the first room I was given looked out on a post-apocalyptic, decrepit ballroom strewn with litter and apathy. The second room was better, cleaner, but the carpet felt damp underfoot and the A/C smelled of mildew whenever the condenser cycled off.
This place clearly has a moisture problem, from the roof, the ground, or both. It is either a nightmare for the owner or he is unaware or just chooses to forge on painting over discolored ceilings and blasting the A/C to try keep the rooms from rotting.
The staff (front desk, 1 cleaning staff) were very friendly. Made the experience somewhat bearable.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Marcusiologist
Tmaggs619, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.

I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

Again, thank you for sharing your experience and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Reviewed August 4, 2011

The humidity was very high, most likely due to our proximity to the pool. There is no elevator on the premises, so plan accordingly. The staff seemed dis-interested and were not friendly.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank JPBig
ramadacortland, Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Ramada Cortland

Reviewed July 19, 2011

If I could give this a zero star I would.
First pulled up to 2 police cars dealing with a brawl. Checked into rm which had a horrible smell which we realized was urine.......(pet or person, who knows....) Went back to try and get a room change- they only had one rm available that was not in the front section of the hotel (which they said we wouldn't want cause it was basically like trying to sleep in a boom box-the place was shaking). The available rm only had one bed (we reserved 2) but we decided to sleep 3 in a single rather than sleep with the urine.
The new rm smelled fine but the carpet was covered in pet hair and by the next morning my allergies were so bad (I have a cat allergy) i could barely breathe.
There was NOTHING good about this place- it wasn't even cheap!
Ramada has ruined their rep with me- I will never trust/stay in a Ramada again.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed May 3, 2011

I stayed at the Ramada for my Birthday with my husband, we had a great nigh. Dinner in the Resturant was amazing. I had the New Black & Blue Steak. It was Fantastic. I relaxed in the pool it was only 3 feet but it was very warm it was like being in a huge bath. I snuggle up with my honey and was GREAT!!!
My room was clean the bed was comfortable. The Extra Large pillows were famtastic. The Best part was the stafe. the were thoughtful and always there if i needed anything.
I had my reservations because of the reviews but i went there and had a great time. So you should GO TO!!!! Plus its the ONLY hotel in Cortland With a BAR!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
ramadacortland, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Conference Center by Wyndham Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2011

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 607 756 4431.

Ramada Cortland

Reviewed March 7, 2011

As far as hotels in this area, it is great. Good price, average cleanliness, restaurant was good and fairly priced. Staff were nice. The problem is I forgot my shoes. We called the day after we got home, left a description, address, phone number and credit card number to pay for shipping. Never heard back. Called again, housekeeping manager was on vacation, no information, left my number, never heard back. Called a third time and was told they were there and they'd send them out. Weeks later still no shoes. Fourth time I called I was informed I had waited too long and they had been donated. Staff was always very pleasant and sounded helpful while talking to them but someone dropped the ball. I am out an expensive pair of shoes even after willingly trying to pay to get them back.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple