“Once you find it, you get a good deal for the money.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #9 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Richmond Hill, Ontario
“Once you find it, you get a good deal for the money.”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Don't use a Garmin to find this place. We did some beautiful driving around the country side, but there are many "10 Church Street"s in the area. Actual location was great, walking distance to the main street dining/pub area. Proprietor, a lecturer at the local university was a delight to chat with over morning coffee. The rooms were fairly standard, a bit worn, but acceptable for the price. Area is pleasant and we never felt any security issues.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mmkwong

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We travel a lot and are not too fussy! However, we stayed at this hotel only one night ... and it was enough. Couldn't wait to get out first thing in the morning. The chairs were uncomfortable, the pillows flat, the mattresses in poor condition. My husband and I both woke up with sore backs and sore necks. The bathroom floor was not clean and a colony of ants were having a party in there. We hardly had luke warm water to take a shower. The fridge was frozen solid (full of ice), the microwave a fire hazard ... and dirty. The only positive comment is that the young woman at the front desk was very helpful at our arrival ... Maybe we did get stuck with the worst room in the whole place but we will never go back there and will never recommend!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samy10_11
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at this Econolodge. Though the reviews had made my wife apprehensive (she had booked the place), she eventually booked the place with Lisa, the manager/owner of the place.

The place was decent - nice towels, neat and clean room, TV with all the necessary channels - and there was nothing that didn't work or was out of place. Bumped into the cleaning lady AJ a couple of times, and she always greeted us warmly. Heating & cooling worked as expected (we used 'em both).

Fairly comfortable and uneventful stay, except for what happened after we left. Four hours back into my drive to Boston, I realized I'd left my laptop at the hotel. I had no hopes of receiving it back, but called them anyway. AJ had taken my laptop, and left it with Lisa, the motel manager. I just had to go back, show them my ID and pronto, I was reunited with my beloved piece once again.

Decent place, value for money, and operated by really good souls. If I return to Cortland, you bet I'll be staying here once again. You should too.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank J X
Blandon, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Stayed here based on more positive reviews than negative, but now feel mislead. Although cheap, the rooms were dingy, not very clean, and the bathroom was probably the smallest I have ever seen. Pillows were flat, and bed was not that comfortable. Next time would pay more and stay at one of the newer hotels closer to route 81. Owner was very friendly and helpful, which is about the only positive I can come up with for this review.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RaceTrackHunter
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 4, 2011

Similar to others, we stayed here because of the price- not worth it.

The bed was really bad- uncomfortable, flat pillows and not enough of them and as another reviewer mentioned- holes in the blankets. The door didn't really seem to close which was a bit sketchy. The shower didn't have much pressure and the shower head was really low (even for me- and I'm not tall). Could hear the room next to us all night.

The good points: It did seem decently cleaned- not great, but I've stayed in worse. The location is great for the College and downtown. Wireless and microfrige in room.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FoodieFare
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 5, 2011

This was my third time staying here and my last. I've been able to put up with the overall dinginess because it was cheap, but my experience this time changed all that. My bedsheets had cigarette burns in them (in a non-smoking room) and the overall feel of the room was that it was neat, but not necessarily clean. On my second night, as I pulled down the covers, I noticed what I thought were bedbugs. I could have been wrong, it might just have been dirt, but either way I was disgusted enough to leave. As I checked out late that night, the woman at the front desk actually began arguing with me that there were no bedbugs in the hotel. I didn't have it in me to argue back. I just left and won't return. Beware: you get what you pay for...

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank BayRidgeGF
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We chose to stay in Cortland as it is more affordable than Ithaca, but quite close to Ithaca. I did not expect much from a budget motel chain, and was surprised at how spacious the room was. It was very clean and the property seemed to be well maintained. The beds were comfortable. For those with a discerning eye, it was clear that when this property was new--probably around 1962--it was very high-class indeed. The brick work, the angled windows, and the terrazzo floors indicate that the construction was solid. I would guess that the paved parking area was originally a garden of some sort. The staff were helpful and friendly. The only negatives were that wifi was erratic in the room, and the "breakfast" was quite skimpy. But for the price I would say it is a very good value. Also it was very quiet.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends