“Older property; cheap but not cheap enough”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This is an older, unrenovated motel. It is clean enough, and it offers free wi-fi and a very basic continental breakfast, but for the price I paid ($80 for a single room), the value was not very compelling. The staff was very welcoming, however.

By the way ... there are some astonishing mansions in Cortland along US 13/Tompkins Street. Don't miss those.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Rooms were spacious enough. Hotel is older but it is cheap. Breakfast was pretty much non existent. Would not recommend it.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank epmmrp
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We had a really fine experience at this Econo Lodge just this past weekend. I was traveling with my family on both business and pleasure. I come yearly to this vicinity and often stayed at the highest rated hotel in the region, but was unable to get the rooms I needed due to booking late and an alumni weekend. I was really nicely surprised by this establishment. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but you get a really big room and a good nights sleep! In my party we had 2 seniors and the owner made sure we were on the first floor and that they had all that they needed for comfort. The rooms are really pretty quiet considering.I had less noise and more room here than at the expensive hotel. The owners take special care in trying their best to place younger boisterous crews in their own wing, and the families/business in others. The week day rate is wonderful. We stayed Thursday & Friday night. THe Friday was about double, but that's still not bad.

I would recommend this for both value and ease. If you want a pool for family, your out of luck, but they have a lot going for them here. The rooms aren't the Ritz, but hey...neither are the prices. They are clean and roomy. We had 2 rooms with 2 Queens side by side. Enjoy.

Room Tip: Tell the management what your looking for - quiet/ 1st floor (no elevator available)
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Pleasant staff in a quiet and pleasantly clean location. Plus a great price and a great breakfast. This was conveniently located to Ithaca NY and I'd definitely stay here again if in the area. The drive from Cornell was quite reasonable and scenic and the value of this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dlh22
Reviewed December 28, 2010

There is nothing like a warm welcome to a weary traveler on a bitter cold night.
The staff was friendly and helpful with directions and anticipating my arrival the room temperature was turned up so that my chilled body quickly warmed.

The room was large, with double beds, microwave, refrigerator, TV, WI-FI, table and chairs. I callled home. Every thing is well here.

I'll book my next trip to Cortland or Ithaca here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TOVResearch
Reviewed October 27, 2010

If you are traveling to Cortland, do not stay in the Econo Lodge. It is a depressing, old, mildew smelling motel that has not been refurbished in years. Despite adjusting the heat dozens of times, I either froze or cooked all night for 3 nights. You may think it's a better choice because it is supposedly within walking distance of SUNY-Cortland, but it's a long hilly walk to campus and you will do much better staying at one of the newer hotels nearer the highway.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank abd321
Reviewed August 23, 2010

What a terrible place to stay. The rooms are outdated and gross. I had to buy my own toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and soap) because of the poor quality. Only Shampoo and soap were provided - no conditioner. I thought for $129 I would at least get some decent toiletries provided. I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple