“Will be back”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Pleasant staff in a quiet and pleasantly clean location. Plus a great price and a great breakfast. This was conveniently located to Ithaca NY and I'd definitely stay here again if in the area. The drive from Cornell was quite reasonable and scenic and the value of this hotel was worth it.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dlh22

Reviewed December 28, 2010

There is nothing like a warm welcome to a weary traveler on a bitter cold night.
The staff was friendly and helpful with directions and anticipating my arrival the room temperature was turned up so that my chilled body quickly warmed.

The room was large, with double beds, microwave, refrigerator, TV, WI-FI, table and chairs. I callled home. Every thing is well here.

I'll book my next trip to Cortland or Ithaca here.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TOVResearch
Reviewed October 27, 2010

If you are traveling to Cortland, do not stay in the Econo Lodge. It is a depressing, old, mildew smelling motel that has not been refurbished in years. Despite adjusting the heat dozens of times, I either froze or cooked all night for 3 nights. You may think it's a better choice because it is supposedly within walking distance of SUNY-Cortland, but it's a long hilly walk to campus and you will do much better staying at one of the newer hotels nearer the highway.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank abd321
Reviewed August 23, 2010

What a terrible place to stay. The rooms are outdated and gross. I had to buy my own toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and soap) because of the poor quality. Only Shampoo and soap were provided - no conditioner. I thought for $129 I would at least get some decent toiletries provided. I would never stay here again, nor would I recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bean1043
Reviewed August 10, 2010

Went with friends to a CD release party. Have never been to Cortland, so I didn't know what to expect. The owners were very nice & very helpful to direct us with our destinations. Was very happy to learn all we needed was within walking distance! The room was very neat & beds were very comfortable & quiet! (We were there on a Saturday night.) Continental breakfast- good coffee!! I would definitely recommend this hotel & would stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 31, 2010

We visited the Econo Lodge in Cortland and stayed for 5 days. The rooms were very clean, and cleaned every day. We were pleased with the friendliness and hard work of the staff. The front desk is very knowledgable. They recommended the Community Restaurant, which is a must do when visiting Cortland. We also enjoyed dinner at the Central City Bar and Grill. After reading previous reviews of this hotel, we wanted to say that we saw none of the problems, and enjoyed our stay immensly. The location is perfect (close to the college as well as the downtown area), the beds are very comfortable, the staff is top notch, and the price is right (best value in the area). We highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 11, 2010

We are from Denver, Colorado, and were visiting family in Cortland, NY for The Thanksgiving Holiday. It was a great place to stay and the prices were quite reasonable. The management was so helpful and considerate. The room was very clean and well kept. I would definately come back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family