“Wonderful group dinner with fantastic food & great service”
Review of Fabio's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Fabio's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I called on Thursday to arrange a dinner for a group that was scheduled to travel to Italy together this week but was unable to because of Hurricane Sandy. The staff and Fabio were fabulously accommodating. Fabio thoughtfully suggested a traditional, family-style Italian dinner like what we would have experienced in Italy. He provided a lovely selection of cheeses and traditional Italian nibbles for our cocktail hour and then knocked our socks off with courses of antipasti, entrees, salad, pasta and even a complimentary round of limoncello and Sambuca. The food was absolutely fantastic-- finely prepared dishes that were fresh and delicious. Our waitresses Alexis and Ann were pleasant, efficient and thoughtful. No detail was left out. Since we couldn’t be dining in Sorrento last night, we sure were glad we were here!

Reviewed October 17, 2012

mobile review
Ignored by the hostess my husband and I had to ask to be seated. The appetizer which was the arancini was barely warm. The bread was stale which was a huge disappointment because it used to be delicious. My entree which was ravioli was also barely warm. Strangely one of the ravioli tasted like blue cheese. Could not eat anymore after that...we used to love this restaurant but obviously the quality has deteriorated. The only good part of the experience was our waitress. Will never eat there again.

fabio131313, Owner at Fabio's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

My dear guest!

As owner's duty I must apologize. It is very sad to hear that we disappointed one of our patrons, which we always treasure, especially those that been with us for more than ten years which I am certain, that in all this time, there has been a day that they did not feel to scream .. EUREKA....and as friends they see it as a exception that prove the rules, said so, let's make clear few points:
- Whoever owns a business know how hard is to train a good staff and a time you can only do the best you can with what you have.
-The bread I make it fresh every day
-The 4cheese ravioli they ALL have a taste of blue cheese, because they have gorgonzola (Italian blue cheese) in it.
-I build and lived in this restaurant for more than ten years and I make sure that our standards and the quality have always been the same since day one
-After more than thirty years in the restaurant business I must give credit to the person who first say -- is impossible to please everyone (but we will keep trying)

Sincerely

Fabio

Reviewed September 16, 2012

The food is good but not worth the wait. We've given Fabio's several chances but are always disappointed because of how long it takes to get food. Fabio may know how to cook but apparently doesn't know how to run a restaurant. I've been here with family, friends, coworkers, and clients over the years, and we are all busy and just don't have the time it takes to get food here.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We visited Cortland for the labor day weekend and stayed at Hope Lake Lodge. While looking thru the concierges list of restaurants in the hotel lobby I came across Fabio's. I showed the menu to my brother in law who agreed it looked pretty good so we decided to go for an early Sunday dinner. We didn't make reservations and when we arrived the outside of the restaurant didn't look so great. The bar next door was blasting some Metallica music out the side door where we parked and my kids & neices seemed taken a back but we decided to go in anyways. Once inside the experience changed. We were greeted by a nice young lady who seated us next to the wall of autographed photos of NY Jets & Syracuse Orange members who dined before us. As a Jets fan I was happy! The menu looked nice and we tried a bunch of appy's, the best being the Anti-pasto & the Little Oranges (rice balls). All the pasta was made fresh on premises and we even saw Chef Fabio who peeked his head out of the kitchen for a minute. The food was great & the seafood was fresh. The 4 kids each had side orders of pasta which was the perfect portion for them. My wife & I each had the Linguini w/white clam & my brother in law had the spaghetti with fresh tomatos & GARLIC (note the capitalized GARLIC!). My sister in law tried the Chicken Marsala. We were all impressed with the food and would definately return on our next trip to Cortland.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

I dropped my son off in Cortland for
college and worked most of the day with his roomates and thier parents fxing their dorm room. We were all very hungry and did not know the area. Someone said there is a great Italian resturante not far away called Fabio's. I must write a review telling everyone it is terrific, It is not fancy and you feel right at home. I live in Queens, N.Y and have a lot of good places to eat at. I can't wait to go back to Cotland and to Fabio's. I had the best homemade pasta ala vodka. My son had the best shrmp alfredo everyone was really so happy.We will be a regular for the next 4 years ................Susan from Bayside

2  Thank susan w